So...What Exactly Are We Preparing For? Zombie Apocalypse? - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

So...What Exactly Are We Preparing For? Zombie Apocalypse?

This is a discussion on So...What Exactly Are We Preparing For? Zombie Apocalypse? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by nightshade that guy if he got into a knife fight would probably be disarmed and stabbed with his own knife..3 is a ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: So...What Exactly Are We Preparing For? Zombie Apocalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    that guy if he got into a knife fight would probably be disarmed and stabbed with his own knife..3 is a good number but id have all three on my person. a throwing knife, a mutlitool like swiss army and a combat knife.
    Very true. He probably has no idea how to actually use a knife in a fight. You can always tell someone that knows how by how they hold one and their stance. My fiance is a retired police officer and I told her to NEVER pull her knife in a fight unless it was an absolute last resort. Go straight for the handgun. If you plan on carrying a knife for self defense. MAKE SURE YOU TRAIN TO USE IT!! I have trained her to use knives but would still rather her use the handgun obviously..
    Check out my blog Hidden Content and check out SurvivingTheBreaks and Beach Kowboy on Facebook!!

The most likely scenarios to prepare for are:

Extraorbital impact: Historically, we know of at least 3 ELEs, the next could be an SLE. You don;t get over SLEs.

Quarantine in place: Pandemics are a very probable danger. One morning you could walk out into your driveway to find a HumVee and 2 soldiers in MOPP telling you to stay in your house until further notice. Violators will be shot and disenfected with a flame thrower. Not a very sexy apocalypse, but the scenario is straight out of the CDC playbook.

I carry several knives in my BOB. I carry a pocket knife, a sheath knife of moderate size in Tanto design, a Fillet Knife and a three Knife game processing kit. That's it for me!

What am I prepping for? Primarily Tornados, Financial/Economical collapse as America falls into a 3rd world status due to stupidity on the part of politicians. Are there other possibilities? Yeah there sure are and some are not too far fetched but I think the ones I previously mentioned are the most likely in my area.
    omegabrock likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    Violators will be shot and disenfected with a flame thrower.
    you win the internet

I hope I have prepared for whatever comes along. If I die in some terrible disaster, I feel I am prepared to meet my creator. If I survive, I hope I survive long enough to be of service to my fellow man as we try to rebuild this country. Unless he is trying to help me meet my creator, in that case, I hope to be of service helping him/her to meet his creator.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Not only should you prepare, but you should have emergency action plans laid out in writing so you n yer family dont miss anything when it happens. Are there critical medicines you would need to pre-salvage before an event,? Does everyone know the plan? Could they do it if you were away?

i bought a gerber multi tool plier 7-9 years ago.needless to say.i wore it out.so i bought me another one.in which i do carry on my belt at all times..i also carry a pin knife a small lock blade in puckets..a regular utlity knife on my belt.and 2 pocket size utilty knifes.among other items that are everyday stuff to me..and 2 p38's in which one has a spoon with it..

Here's my jolly 'Doomsday List' of possible scenarios, let me know if i've missed anything out-

1- Chernobyl-type nuclear plant accident, but on a much bigger scale, poisoning an area as big as the USA or the whole of Europe and Asia.
    2- Massive meteor or asteroid strike wiping out millions with blast and tsunami, and kicking up enough dust to black out the sun for years and causing crop-killing temperature drops.
    3- World War 3 exchange of nuclear weapons poisoning virtually the entire planet.
    4- A plague wiping out most humans on earth after accidental release from a bio research lab, or a deliberate release by terrorists to wipe out the population of a specific country, or perhaps a virus naturally evolves that has no cure.
    5- EC Event (Economic Collapse) triggering government closure of all banks to prevent panic-withdrawals
    6- EM pulse (from a solar flare or nuclear bombs) blows out the electricity grid and electronics, it'll be bad but hopefully the govt will have contingency plans to get it fixed and relief food and medicine convoys up and running.
    7- Mega-earthquake bigger than anything the earth has experienced before, demolishing a whole bunch of cities across countries or continents.
    8- Mega-tsunami triggered by gigantic quake at sea, wiping out coastal areas for a hundred miles or more inland.
    9- Runaway volcano that carries on spewing out dust and ash for months, throwing a grey wind-carried shroud around the planet blocking out sunlight and triggering subzero temperature drops.
    10- Haywire weather (nonstop storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, floods etc) caused by global warming, pollution, ozone depletion etc
    11- City Lockdown by the Authorities where citizens are ordered to stay indoors for whatever reason such as a terrorist manhunt or whatever which could last days/weeks
    12- Homeland Race War- armed gangs go around burning homes and killing anybody of a different race.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wars, rumours of wars, false christs, earthquakes, famines, persecutions, darkened sun and moon, falling stars, shaken planets.
    Pray that this will not take place in winter, because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning until now, and never to be equaled again.
    If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive.
    Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.
    What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!"
    (Jesus of Nazareth, Mark ch 13)

Last edited by Lucky Jim; 07-01-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Depending on the scenario, I'd probably want 1 or 2 smaller blades and perhaps a machete. Firearms would be more important to me anyway. I'd like a rifle, and a couple handguns of decent caliber.

You can't really defend yourself against a mob with a knife quite like you can with a gun.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links