My lost week
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My lost week

This is a discussion on My lost week within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Spent the last two days laying around in the hospital. Went to the Emergency room Wednesday morning with tightness in my chest, everyone freaked out ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: My lost week

My lost week

Spent the last two days laying around in the hospital. Went to the Emergency room Wednesday morning with tightness in my chest, everyone freaked out and I got pounced on by about 7 people, stripped of clothing, stuck with needles and peppered with questions. I have a long family history of heart issues so I take this stuff VERY seriously. They kept me over night with a heart monitor hooked up and put me on a treadmill Thursday morning. Everything checked out good so they let me go home yesterday afternoon. The current theory is that non use of the CPAP mask while I sleep is causing a low O2 issue in the mornings, (I HATE that damn mask), so they gave me a sleep aid and told me in no uncertain terms to get back to using it. Took the sleep aid last night and put on the mask, whatever that stuff is works, I was out this morning until 4 AM and wore the mask all night.

Perhaps this will solve whatever ails me.
    Hidden Content In honor of the fallen, strive each day to live a life worthy of their sacrifice.

Good luck and God bless you old Soldier...wear the mask...we want you with us for as long as the Lord will allow.
    Innkeeper and Casie like this.

A little mask discomfort is surely worth the alternative. Put on your big boy pants and deal with it.
    Denton, Just Sayin' and Casie like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Its not that I don't sleep well with the mask, its that I DON'T sleep with the mask....at all. Not without something to help anyway. I'll put the thing on when I go to bed and then lay there and watch the clock........hour after hour. Then I'll take it off, turn over, and finally get some sleep. With the "little helper" they gave me I was able to fall asleep and STAY asleep with the mask on.

When they brought up the subject of something to help me sleep I made two requirements.......1. Nothing that I would grow dependent on. 2. Something that would wear off quickly and not leave me groggy or "hung over" in the morning. (I drive a Hazmat truck, got to be alert behind the wheel of that thing).
    What they found is not habit forming and is out of your system in about 3 hours, at least by the book anyway. It worked like a charm last night, we'll see how it works long term.
    Hidden Content In honor of the fallen, strive each day to live a life worthy of their sacrifice.

Hey Old fellow...you know how the big boy pants go on...I'm sure you have taught a few whipper snappers how to button them up....It's simply a request from your friends here. Find that mix that keeps you going my man...I love me some old soldiers and want them to out last the slag that is our society.
    Old Soldier likes this.

Super Moderator

Man, I'm glad they found the solution for your problem!

I can understand how you'd stay awake with the mask; I can't figure out how anyone can sleep with it on. I'm glad the miracles of modern chemistry is helping you.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Friend, I have a little experience with "the mask", so I wanna ask a few questions. I wore one for years....
    Do you have the "snooze setting" on your machine? It starts you at a lower pressure for 15 minutes. I had to use it at first.
    Also, what is your pressure? Mine was the highest anyone had ever seen.
    Are you comfortable, becouse my pressure was so dang high, that I had to keep my straps so tight, they would leave marks for a long time. Hell, I had the "dent"
    over forehead all day once.
    Do you have facial hair, I had to be clean shaven.
    I honestly felt "so much better after about a week of my real sleep"
    I am no expert, but I did a lot of research when I was using my machine. I would be honered to answer any questions.
    My doctor scared the hell out me when he said "you could have had a stroke at any time with your blood ox being so low(49%).
    I told him, great, Now Im really going to be scared to sleep.
    I would wake u screaming and fighting, and more tired than when I went to sleep.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

[QUOTE=Deebo;151184]Friend, I have a little experience with "the mask", so I wanna ask a few questions. I wore one for years....
    Do you have the "snooze setting" on your machine? It starts you at a lower pressure for 15 minutes. I had to use it at first.
    Also, what is your pressure? Mine was the highest anyone had ever seen.[QUOTE] pressure setting is currently 9. Had a machine that ramped up at first but it broke, since I spent more time at 9 they gave me one set at that.
    [QUOTE]Are you comfortable, becouse my pressure was so dang high, that I had to keep my straps so tight, they would leave marks for a long time. Hell, I had the "dent"
    over forehead all day once.
    Do you have facial hair, I had to be clean shaven.[QUOTE] No I'm not clean shaven, I wear a gotee trimed to not interfer with the mask.
    I honestly felt "so much better after about a week of my real sleep"
    I am no expert, but I did a lot of research when I was using my machine. I would be honered to answer any questions.
    My doctor scared the hell out me when he said "you could have had a stroke at any time with your blood ox being so low(49%).
    I told him, great, Now Im really going to be scared to sleep.
    I would wake u screaming and fighting, and more tired than when I went to sleep.
    I've used the sleep aid for three nights, it seems to work well and I'm sleeping the night through with the mask on.
    Slippy likes this.

I fought getting one for a long time. I have had mine now for over 10 yrs and find it hard to sleep without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Soldier View Post
    Its not that I don't sleep well with the mask, its that I DON'T sleep with the mask....at all. Not without something to help anyway. I'll put the thing on when I go to bed and then lay there and watch the clock........hour after hour. Then I'll take it off, turn over, and finally get some sleep. With the "little helper" they gave me I was able to fall asleep and STAY asleep with the mask on.

When they brought up the subject of something to help me sleep I made two requirements.......1. Nothing that I would grow dependent on. 2. Something that would wear off quickly and not leave me groggy or "hung over" in the morning. (I drive a Hazmat truck, got to be alert behind the wheel of that thing).
    What they found is not habit forming and is out of your system in about 3 hours, at least by the book anyway. It worked like a charm last night, we'll see how it works long term.
    The only problem is you build up a tolerance to it over time and either have to up the dosage or change meds. I have had this issue since the My first deployment, and so far do not need the mask yet as I do not have bad blood ox levels....yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links