The Day After Jury Duty
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Day After Jury Duty

This is a discussion on The Day After Jury Duty within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'm glad I went. There were 72 of us, and one dog. (?) Yep. Some woman brought her little dog in a purse looking pet ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By BagLady
  • 2 Post By pheniox17
  • 1 Post By paraquack
  • 1 Post By Kauboy
  • 1 Post By Casie
  • 1 Post By BagLady
  • 1 Post By The Resister

Thread: The Day After Jury Duty

The Day After Jury Duty

I'm glad I went. There were 72 of us, and one dog. (?) Yep. Some woman brought her little dog in a purse looking pet carrier. So after all the anxiety I had, it turned out to be fun. The judge was joking around making everyone laugh. He told us we would find out who all the hoodlums were, and after that we might want to go home, get out our guns, and lock the doors!
    They put the cards with our names in a bingo looking thing, and drew 25 names. I wasnt one of them. When he was asking us questions, like who can't serve because of this or that reason, and excused several people, I had my turn to tell him I had a Dr.'s appt on wed. He only asked 2 questions, and the one I couldnt get right was my name!!
    I went to the library afterwards, and guess who was there? The woman with the whining dog...(and I was worried about what to wear to court...!)
    Casie likes this.

should take your puppy in to eat the hand bag dog

good you had fun, and I bet the judge looked at you funny "my name is bag Lady, oh shit.." lol
    BagLady and omegabrock like this.
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Casual Monday?
    BagLady likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Any person bringing a non-service animal into the courthouse around here would be stopped at the door and turned around.
    You must be in a nice, quiet town. I bet that's nice.
    BagLady likes this.

That is great news BL! Glad your day went nice and smooth. :)
    BagLady likes this.
    ==(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)==
    ¤´¨`·.¸¸.*Casie*.¸¸.·´¨`¤
    ==(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)==

Quote Originally Posted by pheniox17 View Post
    should take your puppy in to eat the hand bag dog

good you had fun, and I bet the judge looked at you funny "my name is bag Lady, oh shit.." lol
    I swear to God that's the first thing that popped into my head!! (I did'nt say it out loud, at least I don't think I did) but I'd been thinking of all the advice everyone here gave me, and that is the handle I use on other forums...so it's kind of ingrained in my mind.
    Yeah, Luke would have had a nice snack! You crack me up!
    pheniox17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Any person bringing a non-service animal into the courthouse around here would be stopped at the door and turned around.
    You must be in a nice, quiet town. I bet that's nice.
    Yeah, it is. The only thing I could think of was, a lot of people here swear by Chiwawa's (that little mexican breed..sp?), that they are Asthma dogs. You ever heard of that? But, the way that dog whined, I didnt see how it was good for anything. The owner tipped the scales at 350lbs or more, so maybe the dog was just scared she'd sit on her!

Banned

I stayed away from this thread because since the 16th I've been on jury duty. I also got to serve as the jury foreman.

Ours was a complicated criminal trial involving rape, sodomy, false imprisonment, burglary, commission of a felony while in the possession of a firearm and arson. It was a frustrating ordeal starting out with 55 potential jurors and after two days of questions, they got their 12 plus two alternates.

It was the first jury I ever served on and it was the experience of a life time. The guy was found guilty on three of the six counts and he was a recidivist. He got sentenced to life without parole plus thirty years.

It is going to take a few days to process it all because it taxed me emotionally, spiritually and mentally. At least after today it don't have to be bottled up.
    pastornator likes this.

Sponsored Links