Russia "hijacking" US drone
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Russia "hijacking" US drone within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I herd the other day of Russia "hijacking" one of our drones over the Ukraine area. Is this true, or just something being blown up ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I herd the other day of Russia "hijacking" one of our drones over the Ukraine area. Is this true, or just something being blown up to be something bigger then what is really is? It was compared to the U-2 spy plane being shot down during the cold war. Does anyone have any info on this?

my question would be what level of "hijacking"??

as it would be closer to hacking, did they get full control for a few seconds, hours?? partial control?? or was only able to access the data feed??

to my next comment, how dose it effect you/defense capabilities?? it really doesn't... there are still manned aircraft, and drones are more a "throw away item" and with the knowledge of Russian hacking ability, counter systems will be getting developed as we speak, what you should ask what was the drones mission?? to "watch" some civil issues or was it armed and sent to kill another us citizen??
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Somebody's been watching too much "24".

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

I havn't heard about this. Ukraine is Russias back yard. If you look at all the runnins with the Russians its been in their sphere.. off the coast in the pacific when the flanker came within 100 feet of an EWACS, in the black sea when they flew 14 flyovers of a US ship. The drone was in an area where this is an ongoing civil war and successionist government due to a coup - The US fact the US is doing drone flyovers of Ukraine says something.

None the less Post a link to this info kindly havn't heard anything about it.

However even Iraqi insurgents were able to tap US data feeds. Russia is a space power, they have access to all satalite feeds over their spy satalites or within their field of view.

However what is going on is a little more than sabre rattling, US is suppling weapons and other arms to the Ukraine, as well as potential US mercenaries - often a cover for state department operations.

However I'd really like to see evidence of Russian actions against bonefide US equipment.
    Last edited by Will2; 06-05-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    LOL, that isn't Russia though..;LOL
    Check out my blog Hidden Content and check out SurvivingTheBreaks and Beach Kowboy on Facebook!!

Mic

I immediately thought of 24 when I read this!

What's 24?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I havn't heard about this. Ukraine is Russias back yard. If you look at all the runnins with the Russians its been in their sphere.. off the coast in the pacific when the flanker came within 100 feet of an EWACS, in the black sea when they flew 14 flyovers of a US ship. The drone was in an area where this is an ongoing civil war and successionist government due to a coup - The US fact the US is doing drone flyovers of Ukraine says something.

None the less Post a link to this info kindly havn't heard anything about it.

However even Iraqi insurgents were able to tap US data feeds. Russia is a space power, they have access to all satalite feeds over their spy satalites or within their field of view.

However what is going on is a little more than sabre rattling, US is suppling weapons and other arms to the Ukraine, as well as potential US mercenaries - often a cover for state department operations.

However I'd really like to see evidence of Russian actions against bonefide US equipment.
    These are several links I found
    www.usnews.com/.../russia-hacks-a-us-drone-..
    Russia Says It Took Down a U.S. Drone Over Crimea - The Wire
    US Drone "Intercepted" Over Crimea By Russian 'Self-Defense' Forces | Zero Hedge

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter72 View Post
    What's 24?
    An American television show that takes place in "real time". One hour of the show takes place over the course of a "real" hour in the story.
    24: Live Another Day on FOX

This season reveals a plot wherein terrorists hijack US drones to be used against targets in Great Britain.
    The only person that can stop them... Keifer Sutherland... I mean JACK BAUER!

An American television show that takes place in "real time". One hour of the show takes place over the course of a "real" hour in the story.
    24: Live Another Day on FOX

This season reveals a plot wherein terrorists hijack US drones to be used against targets in Great Britain.
    The only person that can stop them... Keifer Sutherland... I mean JACK BAUER!
    Oh it's fox the only on fox I like is family guy and shows like it lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links