Police searching your bag?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Police searching your bag? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I went to my local pool the other day and the police were searching people's bags, coolers, and anything they were carrying. None of these ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Police searching your bag?

I went to my local pool the other day and the police were searching people's bags, coolers, and anything they were carrying. None of these people gave them permission to do this. When I got up there I asked why they where doing this as he searched my bag(I didn't say anything because I don't know if what he was doing was legal or not and didn't want to make a scene). The cop (who I know and is a coward) said they were having problems with drugs at the pool. Now I'm not real familiar with the laws, but isn't this illegal? I know the police can't search your person with out a warrant or unless you give them permission. Now this pool is owned by the city so wouldn't that make it public property? Can he legally be doing this?

I wouldn't think they would be allowed to do this. I've never heard of them searching bags to go to a public pool. Although, I remember back in Florida, seemed like the majority of people at the public(free) pool were the ones from the ghetto. Always starting fights and shit. As for searching, I would have told him "No way". That is the problem, people just go along with it like it is ok and it's not!!
    topgun likes this.
    Check out my blog Hidden Content and check out SurvivingTheBreaks and Beach Kowboy on Facebook!!

They can get away with this by using implied consent. By entering the property you agree to being searched. Kind of like hunting on state wildlife management land. By being there you gave the DNR officers consent to search your truck for illegal game.
    slewfoot and Ripon like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I would say that the majority of them were probably younger folks that don't really know what they can and can't do. So they just go along with it. Did they even ask people or just search?
    Check out my blog Hidden Content and check out SurvivingTheBreaks and Beach Kowboy on Facebook!!

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    They can get away with this by using implied consent. By entering the property you agree to being searched. Kind of like hunting on state wildlife management land. By being there you gave the DNR officers consent to search your truck for illegal game.
    I'm not sure if I agree with that. I agree witht he hunting part because those are in the rules. But the public pool? I wouldn't think so. It would be like them searching your vehicle because you are on public roads.

The problem with implied consent is that it can become a detour around the 4th amendment. How long will it be before being on a state or federal highway gives Barney the implied right to search your car? Or living inside the city limits gives the implied consent to have your home searched?
    The Resister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Kowboy View Post
    I'm not sure if I agree with that. I agree witht he hunting part because those are in the rules. But the public pool? I wouldn't think so. It would be like them searching your vehicle because you are on public roads.
    That's next.
    Friends don't let friends own Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Kowboy View Post
    I believe you and I think alike and are typing the same thing at the same time!

Not legal at all.
    Go2ndAmend likes this.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    I believe you and I think alike and are typing the same thing at the same time!
    Great minds!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links