Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Humor research: What is your weapon of choice for zombies.

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  preppermama 
#1 ·
I'm working on a class project. I'll be recommending the best weapon of choice (something people would actually purchase). If you were faced with a zombie, or a crazed, drugged out psychopathy (like the recent Miami cannibal). What would be most effective: shotgun, machete, ??? and why? Its for my page: Zombie Apocalypse Survival | Checklist Go

#4 · (Edited)
If you mean a naked drug addict who wants to eat your face zombie I would go with my trusty HK USP that hold 12 rounds of .45 or another type of light weight polymer .45 with hi capacity mag. like Glock or Sig. I promise no matter how out of his mind he is the big ass manstopper .45 bullet won't care and will hit him alot harder than a sledge hammer up to 12 times before I need to reload. I would not let some crazy bastard get near me who knows what kind of infection you can get from a bite from a sicko like that. I won't be killed by a drug addict today or die years from now due to a uncureable or untreatable blood borne virus I got from fighting hand to hand or with a bladed weapon agianst a lowlife drug addict. In the real world I don't see anyone walking around with a machette on their side I would do the usually every day concealed carry hope for the best prepare for the worst

If you mean night of the living dead zombie because you posted it as Humor Research, a would go with Ruger 10/22 with an archangel light weight synthetic stock with bayonet, good scope/laser light combo, a small aluminum bipod, extended magazines with magazine doublers and suppressor with a backpack of .22 subsonic ammo. The subsonic ammo and suppressor would make very little noise .22 can do alot of damage if you get good shot placement so the scope and laser light combo for a good shot accuracy and the bipod to keep it steady. You can carry thousands of rounds of .22 and it is easy to find but when I run out of ammo I would use the bayonet. The light weight synthedic stock would hold up great and help compensate for some of the weight of the extra gear on the gun better than a heavy wooded stock. Then again I'm assuming they are typical headshot takedown zombies not the night of the living dead 2-3 unkillable zombies

hopes this helps

#6 · (Edited)
I got to say yes a bow would be much more quiet than a suppressor and subsonic ammo. However I don't thing It wound be the best way to go. what if there are lots of them in a group and you can't pull out the arrow or the arrows break due to the hard skull or the weight of the body if it falls the wrong way? plus Rapid fire is impossible and making decent arrows that would fly straight and also making the stone arrow needed to penetrate a skull would take forever. I guess you could find the right wood and harden it with fire but you would have to be close to penerate the skull and get the brain. love how quiet it would be but not so good when it comes to close range effectiveness and the time to make the arrows,wings, and you have to look around for long straight sticks, it would be totally different from the walking dead where an hour later you have 30 perfectly make combat ready arrows

also I saw your site, nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks it takes a wolf to stop a wolf. If SHTF it won't change human nature people need to understand there will be good and evil, and the bad people will prey on the good people. I've always been a problem solver and would deal with people who become a problem

#9 ·
True, this. But what if I mounted like 10 square feet of solar panels on the roof, pulled the heavy parts, replaced the engine with an electric one from a MARTA train and then fitted the cargo area with 18 deep cycle batteries? OH THEN WE GOT A SOLAR POWERED ZOMBIE TRACTOR!

#13 ·
All I need is a bat. I will continue to move north until I am 24 hours PAST the perma frost line OR as far as the zombies can make it before becoming corpsesickles. I would imagine that corpsesickles are easy to dispatch with a bat.

PSA: Nothing is worse than a cannibal corpse trying to eat your flesh other than a cannibal corpse trying to eat your flesh while on fire.

#18 ·
The type of marauding zombies I envision are drug addicts who can no longer get their fix once society (or the economy) collapses. In that case I want a magazine fed centerfire rifle .30 caliber or larger.

#16 ·
Well they can be dismembered and / or neutralized. That's a good point, they aren't undead, that's like vampires. They are like...re-living or some shit. I guess if it's re-living you could surmise they can get re-dead, too.

#20 · (Edited)
The other issue is that zombie blood allegedly contains the agent that will turn you into a zombie. You don't want to come in contact with it at all or be close enough that it could splatter on you. I wouldn't be reusing the arrows or engaged in a close range battle. I would be taking them out with guns from a distance or with calculated explosions using bait. LOL.

My bug out strategy in the unlikely event of a zombie invasion would be to secure an off-shore coastal island, secure the perimeter and then work on clearing the mainland of the invasion in shifts.

Funny the stuff we preppers think of, huh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.