My dilemma ...Shelter in place or head to BOL
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on My dilemma ...Shelter in place or head to BOL within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Though I would rather shelter in place, I have an issue in my town that will likely force me to head for my BOL sooner ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: My dilemma ...Shelter in place or head to BOL

Though I would rather shelter in place, I have an issue in my town that will likely force me to head for my BOL sooner than later incase of SHTF conditions... A Maximum security prison less than a mile from my home. I've been told that if the grid goes down, the prisoners will eventually get out. What are your thoughts ?

Good defense If you are on your own ground no one knows it better than you. If you are on the run you are fair game.
    Range stakes and range cards for the property and learn to shoot. They are in prison for being stupid not brave.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Your are fair game anywhere you are in SHTF but I seen you said MAX prison those guys are murders rapists etc stupid maybe but they will also be animalistic if you do hang around especially within a mile expect to see a large number of them all at once they do form gangs in prisons and those groups will remain together as they are already outside the law a WWROL they will not see anything but opportunity this is a worst case scenario for bugging in if they do escape expect to face an armed violent coordinated group that's willing to suffer losses to achieve their goals. So unless you got a couple machine guns tucked away id get out of dodge city. Plus there's a lot to be said for bugging out if you know what your doing its a lot safer than bugging in in my opinion.
    Armed Iowa and oldmurph58 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Am I being a bit picky to ask everyone on this forum to STOP USING THE STUPID PHRASE "SHELTER IN PLACE"!

Sorry Slippy has been dealing with bank regulations today and is not a happy man.

Senior Member R.I.P.

I've heard this stuff before about prisons. Fact is, it takes electricity to unlock them, not to lock them. And when commercial electricity is lost & backup generator activated everything goes to lockdown.
    oldmurph58 and jimb1972 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Am I being a bit picky to ask everyone on this forum to STOP USING THE STUPID PHRASE "SHELTER IN PLACE"!

Sorry Slippy has been dealing with bank regulations today and is not a happy man.
    I guess I don't understand your issue with the phrase. Bug in vs Shelter in place... they are the same thing in my mind. Cheer up Slippy !
    Slippy and oldmurph58 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
    I've heard this stuff before about prisons. Fact is, it takes electricity to unlock them, not to lock them. And when commercial electricity is lost & backup generator activated everything goes to lockdown.
    that makes sense until you consider that there is a manual release on all of it for emergencies and how long before thousands of prisoners overpower 25-35 guards that's if they decided to stick around hopefully theres no bleeding hearts in them and they just leave them to rot but hell with electricity some prisons have to call in outside support to keep their prisoners detained. Trust me if i was a guard and all hell was breaking loose last thing i am concerned about is dieing for a job i am not getting paid for and my family is never gonna see a pension. the best you could hope for would be for the guards to lock everything down successfully before prisoners find anything out take every gun with them and leave
    oldmurph58 likes this.

Taking a small number of defenders out of a well defend spot is not easy. Long term if you do not have away to counter or leave it could get rough but a large number running your way mean a lot of easy targets.
    Who knows what is right all I know is we aint leaving and anyone that intends on taking it is going to lose.
    That is why we prepare and train.
    oldmurph58 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
    If the grid stays down, who is going to feed these losers? What happens when they run out of food ? I'd be alright with leaving them locked up, but that wont happen I'm guessing.
    oldmurph58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Iowa View Post
    I guess I don't understand your issue with the phrase. Bug in vs Shelter in place... they are the same thing in my mind. Cheer up Slippy !
    Sorry Armed Iowa, did not mean anything against you.
    Its just that the phrase was overused in my opinion last year during the Boston Marathon Bombing. I found it to be irritating and a liberal version of cower under your kitchen table while some law breaker runs wild. I'll try and be a bit more cheerful...
    "Defend My Rights on my Property" is how I choose to describe it. Or "fight my way back to my property where I will defend my rights" is another way for me to describe my intentions...
    On a separate note, Dodd Frank and The (Un) Patriot Act has got the banking industry turned on its freakin' head.
    Armed Iowa, Casie and oldmurph58 like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links