Walking dead and at what point to you pull the plug? SPOILER ALERT

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Walking dead and at what point to you pull the plug? SPOILER ALERT within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; So I watched that episode of Walking Dead last night. I have never watched the first one until this one. Cool, very adult oriented show. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Walking dead and at what point to you pull the plug? SPOILER ALERT

So I watched that episode of Walking Dead last night. I have never watched the first one until this one. Cool, very adult oriented show. BUT......If I had absolutely nothing to do but see little girls kill little girls, plunge knives into little girls heads, perpetually scrounge for supplies, kill my friends so a disease wouldn't get me and take care of someone Else's baby I think I'd have to throw in the towel. At what point do you say that by seeing this through to the endgame the only spoils of my victory is more of the same?
    slewfoot likes this.

I think the writing is slipping a bit. Why would 2 adults leave the 2 girls unattended with the baby? I would not have.
    ordnance21xx and oldmurph58 like this.

IMO what I would do would 1) Instead of hanging around somewhere in the South, I would head to where at least in the Winter it gets well below freezing. It just seems to me that if zombies have liquid in their bodies, then they can be frozen solid, and if frozen solid they just might die permanently from it. If nothing else, at least during the cold months they wouldn't be a problem. Also during their periods of being frozen you from the aspect of being attacked from zombies you can forage safely, and during those months you can eliminate them from a small town.

2) I would go somewhere with a very low population density. The Dakotas, Montana (HELLO Rancher), Wyoming, the Yukon, parts of Canada, and of course Alaska. Finding an island off the coast of Alaska sounds particularly attractive. I would much rather have to deal with bears then with zombies or other people intent on stealing your supplies or taking over your shelter.

3) I would fabricate something similar to a castle or the old forts that were built in the U.S.. It wouldn't have to be huge, just something that would make it impossible or at least very difficult for a zombie to get into your shelter. No windows or doors on the ground floor. Access to the building is up a ladder. Something similar on a much smaller scale to the Prison where they stayed for a while. Every bed room would have a lock on the inside and would be locked every night when people went to sleep so that if someone "changed" during the night they wouldn't be able to attack anyone else.

4) How long would I try to hang on? Until the bitter end. There is always the hope that the zombie virus would die out or a vaccine might be discovered. The closest thing that a situation similar a zombie apocalypse that I can think of is the Black plague that happened in the middle ages. Although I am sure that there were many cases of suicide during that period, people survived and hung on through it.

5) As an after thought I want to add that I too watch the Walking Dead, but more to see the personal interactions and the different factions and bands that you see appear. Although obviously if the SHTF it won't be from shambling zombies roaming the land, I think that if it does happen, have a bunch of zombies appear is the "best" situation. I would not allot of guilt killing a zombie that was trying to eat me, I could rationalize to myself that they were no longer human, and that there were not be any remnant of their previous personality.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

the zombies I know are well trained, well suplied and has no problems eating you up... they have better guns and unlimited supply of ammo, fuel and just about everything they need to make us all extinct. they wear nice uniforms and some of them wear shiny metals on their chest called "badge".

The walking dead zombies are a joke, they would be very easy to deal with. but the ones I know, they are hard to deal with. you might as well call them super zombies...
    oldmurph58 and Michael_Js like this.

I've seen these "zombies" in nearly every major, and even medium sized city in this great country. Notsoyoung is correct, they seems to be less of them in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakota's. But just going North will not do it. I've seen them in great numbers in Detroit, Cleveland, Minneapolis, Boston, Denver, St. Louis, Baltimore, Dallas and Atlanta. Orlando, New Orleans, Kansas City, Sacramento and Des Moines. The list goes on and on...

I have traveled quite extensively and my experience proves that in large cities they seem to be attracted to streets with names like MLK Blvd. Not a scientific analysis just one humble man's experience.

Walmart is full of slack jaw zombie tards. Walk down a grocery store isle and you can see more than you can count on all your fingers and toes.
    Most people these days are so unaware, so unawake, just sedated, it is sick. So many people you look at you can see they aren't even sure
    what they are doing or why they are doing it.
    Michael_Js and Slippy like this.
    Firearm & Personal Safety Training - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content ( Simple gear mod ideas & tutorials. )

There is this stuff called "Meth" that turns people into zombies. Watch out for it. It is very bad .

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    So I watched that episode of Walking Dead last night. I have never watched the first one until this one. Cool, very adult oriented show. BUT......If I had absolutely nothing to do but see little girls kill little girls, plunge knives into little girls heads, perpetually scrounge for supplies, kill my friends so a disease wouldn't get me and take care of someone Else's baby I think I'd have to throw in the towel. At what point do you say that by seeing this through to the endgame the only spoils of my victory is more of the same?
    You honestly picked the wrong episode to start watching. I have seen a bunch of people complaining about this episode.

Forget prepping, we are all going to die anyways we should just kill ourselves now.
    Mule13 likes this.

Awesome episode.

What would you do? It's impossible to say; damned if I'd want to have to be in that position.
    oldmurph58 likes this.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

prepperlite is correct, that was a terrible first episode to start watching the show.but like all good shows after a few seasons it starts getting truly unbelivable. i guess the writers run out of ideas.i was a bit taken back by last nights episode myself, after watching it my first thought was well i guess this show is going the way Dexter went out. i Was so let down by how dexter got in the last few seasons i just quit watching it. hopefully WD dont get that bad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links