What's your plan
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What's your plan

This is a discussion on What's your plan within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; If you don't mind sharing what's your plan. I plan on sticking around till the looting starts. Just to be sure that its really happening. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What's your plan

What's your plan

If you don't mind sharing what's your plan.
    I plan on sticking around till the looting starts. Just to be sure that its really happening.
    Otherwise I basically have camping type gear minus the tent. Fishing gear and a scanner. A short wave radio a magnesium fire starter.
    Also two battery jump starters that I use to charge cell phones when the power goes out.

If the looting has started, seems kind of late to scoot. The roads may be jammed and gasoline hard to come by. What are you protecting yourself with? Do you know where you are going? How long do you think you can you survive with what you pack out?

I could go on............

When we see tensions rising in the cities we will start to retreat with our planed boundaries. From there will decide when to lock it down.
    Not waiting until the cars are burning
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

This may sound like a smart-assed answer, but it is not intended to. We are going to refrain from committing to a specific plan as long as it is safe and practical to do so. Events rarely unfold exactly as we predict they will. Gathering as much information as possible before committing to any plan of action will be critical to making good decisions.

I am at my bug out location so I will just do somethings that will make it harder to access for other people.
    bad likes this.

The plan is to use the forest and mountains to hide in and to be moved over next to them before shtf
    oldmurph58 likes this.

I really do need to buy another firearm. In the past I've had an 870 express. A .30 carbine. And a .300 win mag. I was looking at a sw .40 but it wasn't for me. I like a semi auto with a magazine. I was also kind of looking at Keltec .380 because I want to carry it everyday.
    I can't say I have anywhere to go but this isn't a bad neighborhood. Last time there was a tornado warning everyone left and it was peaceful. Plan to be prepared. There's no such thing as a good neighborhood.

I'm with Inor. I have no rigid plans. I'll do whatever seems expedient. I'll stay put as long as I feel safe doing so. I have food, water, shelter, and fuel where I'm at. I'll only leave it if I have to. Beyond this, my plans are fluid. I'll continually gather intel and take the course of action that seems most likely to ensure my family's safety.

It all depends on the nature and severity of the event. For instance, my plan for potential economic collapse and widespread civil unrest is completely different than my plan for a full-blown, catastrophic eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera. In my view, being a survivalist (not just a prepper) means doing whatever is necessary (within ethical limits) to remain among the living.
    Sharkbait and Moonshinedave like this.

Your plan needs to be very flexible. It all depends how wide spread the SHTF event is, are the roadways locked down. I would hate to be trapped in the open in unformilar terrain. Depending on the threat level I have several alternate retreat location that are accessible by back road or on foot. These are between 2, 8, 30 and 90 miles out in sereval directions from my primary bug in location. In a bug out forever senario it would not much matter as fate would control or destiny.

Hope for the best plan for the worst.

Slippy's Lodge goes into lockdown. Top off my tanks, check my perimeter and wait for the boys to get here. Maybe crack open a beer and toast the way things were; pray for God to grant me patience, wisdom and a true shot if needed. If you're coming down Slippy lane uninvited you're lost or up to no good. Be positive and look on the bright side, maybe I'll even lose a few pounds!
    rebroome and Charles Martel like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links