What's your plan - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What's your plan

This is a discussion on What's your plan within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Bug out at the first sign of trouble - even potential signs of trouble. Its easier when you call you bug out location - home....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What's your plan

Bug out at the first sign of trouble - even potential signs of trouble. Its easier when you call you bug out location - home.

I figure my best chance is to stay put here, where my "stuff" is, of course, plans change as needed.
    bad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    If you don't mind sharing what's your plan.
    I plan on sticking around till the looting starts. Just to be sure that its really happening.
    Otherwise I basically have camping type gear minus the tent. Fishing gear and a scanner. A short wave radio a magnesium fire starter.
    Also two battery jump starters that I use to charge cell phones when the power goes out.
    Ok, here we go.. It is BEST to be already at your BOL. It is not always going to happen but the best possible scenario. Also, you say you want to have two battery jump starters for cell phones. I am going to say this. If something major happens, there will be NOBODY to run cell towers or service. Just like the water services in cities/towns. They will be there but there will be nobody to run them. In just a very short time you can consider cell service/water service closed for business. The people that run them are like you and me. Will they be at work making sure you have cell service and water or at home with THEIR families?! People don't look at the big picture or are delusional and think that service personnel will be there for the public no matter what!

I see/hear it al the time. People are so fucking worried about having their phones charged they don't thin far enough ahead to think there will not be any service to begin with!

People need to look just a little bit WIDER!!
    bad likes this.
    Check out my blog Hidden Content and check out SurvivingTheBreaks and Beach Kowboy on Facebook!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I'm to old to run. The home I am at is my bug out location. Fields of fire have been thought out.
    bad likes this.

Super Moderator

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    This may sound like a smart-assed answer, but it is not intended to. We are going to refrain from committing to a specific plan as long as it is safe and practical to do so. Events rarely unfold exactly as we predict they will. Gathering as much information as possible before committing to any plan of action will be critical to making good decisions.

It's a good answer. Events rarely happen as planned and it's best to be flexible. We have a general plan but it depends on the circumstances and how a scenario developed. Given where we live, and doing a risk assessment, for us it's hurricanes and then the plan adapts from there.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

We do not have a set plan. Anyone who was in the military has learned that any plan does not survive initial contact. In general, we plan to sit tight on our 60 acres, but are prepared to load up our two horses and move out. It's not realistic to think that we could defend our property for any reasonable length of time, but we can use movement at night (we do have NV capability) and hide out in the daylight to our advantage.

Where we ultimately go will be dictated by the circumstances. We do have a general idea of where we will head, but that might have to change.

If your plan is rigid, and you elect not to be flexible in your planning, you are most likely setting yourself up for failure. Yeah, some people will have an impenetrable bugout location, with months or years worth of supplies. I think that a lot of them will find defending any fixed location is almost impossible in the long run. Sooner or later, a simple mistake, a missed shot, makes any static location untenable.

Mobility, and the ability to defend yourself while mobile, is the best bet for me and my family.

That's my two cents worth anyway.
    Inor likes this.
    "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

Thomas Jefferson

I believe the most important plan to have is what to do if you are away from your prep supplies. It is easy to get caught away from your bug out bag. My opinion is that cannot be one plan. You should ask yourself frequently what if the SHTF now?

I suppose there are different levels of danger. I remember during hurricane sandy all of these people were going nuts. Hoarding gas cans and I did think about making a tidy profit on our generator. But I never even turned it on. We went up to check on my aunt and she was fine but the neighbors had a wood stove and were going in the car to warm up lol don't know why!? Power was out for a week.
    I'm thinking there will always be a government there's too much at stake and they're way too greedy to just let it go. You know the government has bunkers for all of these political leaders.
    What's the plan for when its over?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    If you don't mind sharing what's your plan.
    I plan on sticking around till the looting starts. Just to be sure that its really happening.
    Otherwise I basically have camping type gear minus the tent. Fishing gear and a scanner. A short wave radio a magnesium fire starter.
    Also two battery jump starters that I use to charge cell phones when the power goes out.
    Most of my plans could never be put on a board. It depends upon what's going on. If you wait around to see what's happening, you'll probably become a statistic.

The London riots of 2011 was a wake up call for many brits. It expanded to other large metropolitan areas and hit where I live. I was already a prepper at this point and bugged in. Most of my plans involve bugging in because it is a highly defendable house and even if the ice caps melted, we wouldn't be affected so much as we a very high above sea level.

We have plenty of wood for warmth. We have solar and wind for power (looking at increasing the amount by either adding an additional mini turbine or another solar panel).

Food provisions will last a few months, and can always hunt for deer, rabbits, hares, or various birds (ducks, pigeon, pheasant). A neighbour has chickens so we can trade for eggs or a chicken for meat. We would be somewhat safe here so I am good. If we did need to bug out, I have a caravan, filled with supplies and equipment in a lock up and ready to go should it be required.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links