Gun Rights Restoration for Felons - Page 12
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gun Rights Restoration for Felons

This is a discussion on Gun Rights Restoration for Felons within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by csi-tech I think non-violent felons who have had a 5 year period without re-offending should be able to petition the court for ...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Gun Rights Restoration for Felons

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    I think non-violent felons who have had a 5 year period without re-offending should be able to petition the court for a review. I think with violent felons and violent sex offenders your debt in this regard is not paid in full until you are dead.

There are alot of people out there who have lost their right to carry/possess because of a simple domestic assault. Push your significant other and that's it. I do not agree with that. I think the assault should be felonious in nature
    Agreed!
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

@Smitty901 No one that I am aware of has suggested that this type of criminal, inmate, felon get their gun rights back.
    You and a few others painted all felons with a broad brush.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MaterielGeneral; 06-16-2017 at 07:53 AM. Reason: @
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

The silly little thing. If a felon wants a gun he or she can have one. No paperwork involved and it doesn't take a meeting in a dark alley.

If a felon wants a gun then all they have to do is pick up the local paper and look in the sporting goods section or get on one of these gun classified websites.

Want a pistol (s)? Just temporarily move to a state that doesn't have handgun registration that way there are no hoops to hurdle.

Because of our defense of the second it makes it easier for a criminal to obtain a weapon. If all felons were so evil then why aren't they packing? Not all but most are playing by the rules and are just trying to survive and get on with their lives raising a family.

Last edited by MaterielGeneral; 06-16-2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Spelling
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    @Smitty901 No one that I am aware of has suggested that this type of criminal, inmate, felon get their gun rights back.
    You and a few others painted all felons with a broad brush.

That is what this has all been about. Bubba or Homie guns someone down they get 4 to 8 years and out. There is a movement that wants them to have their guns back. I say NO.
    As far as petty ass crimes being a felony, I am open to correcting that. Most violent criminals do get out many several times.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The move from "all rights, all the people, all the time" to "this person should lose his rights because he's a killer" is a huge step.

The step from "this person should lose his rights because he's a killer" to "this person should lose his rights because he's a rapist" is a tiny one.

The step from "this person should lose his rights because he's a killer or he's a rapist" to "the people on this list should lose their rights" is even smaller.

At the end of that list is the fact that you should lose your rights because I don't like you because you look different from me, and I've been elected in a free election in which you weren't allowed to vote.

Only fools permit any movement down that garden path.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

I also believe there is a difference between habitual offenders including non violent ones and one time offenders. What I mean by habitual is multiple arrests, trials, convictions, and sentences, not multiple charges from a single arrest. As I've said, anybody out there can make a terrible mistake or a pretty easy one given the tax laws and drug laws and end up with a felony conviction. It is rare because usually you have to royally screw up to end up with a felony conviction but as @MaterielGeneral said, there are people in the criminal justice system that don't mind stepping on people especially during an election year and they want to look tough on crime so it does happen. Like what @csi-tech said if its a single non violent offense after say 4 years or so let them petition to have all their rights restored and if they've kept their noses clean then let it happen. If they've chosen to continue down the path of crime then f em. In all honesty only the people that are worth saving would be the ones that would apply to have their rights reinstated anyways because the career criminal don't care about voting and are going to get a gun regardless of what the laws say.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    The move from "all rights, all the people, all the time" to "this person should lose his rights because he's a killer" is a huge step.

The step from "this person should lose his rights because he's a killer" to "this person should lose his rights because he's a rapist" is a tiny one.

The step from "this person should lose his rights because he's a killer or he's a rapist" to "the people on this list should lose their rights" is even smaller.

At the end of that list is the fact that you should lose your rights because I don't like you because you look different from me, and I've been elected in a free election in which you weren't allowed to vote.

Only fools permit any movement down that garden path.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    I also believe there is a difference between habitual offenders including non violent ones and one time offenders. What I mean by habitual is multiple arrests, trials, convictions, and sentences, not multiple charges from a single arrest. As I've said, anybody out there can make a terrible mistake or a pretty easy one given the tax laws and drug laws and end up with a felony conviction. It is rare because usually you have to royally screw up to end up with a felony conviction but as @MaterielGeneral said, there are people in the criminal justice system that don't mind stepping on people especially during an election year and they want to look tough on crime so it does happen. Like what @csi-tech said if its a single non violent offense after say 4 years or so let them petition to have all their rights restored and if they've kept their noses clean then let it happen. If they've chosen to continue down the path of crime then f em. In all honesty only the people that are worth saving would be the ones that would apply to have their rights reinstated anyways because the career criminal don't care about voting and are going to get a gun regardless of what the laws say.
    I have never understood the voting issue. Several people have commented on that condemning it but didn't give a reason why. All it is, is a vote. You cant kill, assault or rape with a vote. If your going to take away voting then why not the freedom of speech or hell just take away all of the rights. When it comes right down to it do you really care if a person can vote. Hell in an election a large portion of people don't vote anyways. They are to comfortable sitting in front of the TV.

No less than 5 cases right now in the news and some once these criminals get out and they will, want to give them guns again.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Sponsored Links