Do you have a skill that will be needed to bring society back after a SHTF scenario?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Do you have a skill that will be needed to bring society back after a SHTF scenario?

This is a discussion on Do you have a skill that will be needed to bring society back after a SHTF scenario? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; All of us are preparing for the worst and lord forbid that it should ever come to that. However if you've ever taken the Prepper ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Do you have a skill that will be needed to bring society back after a SHTF scenario?

Banned

All of us are preparing for the worst and lord forbid that it should ever come to that. However if you've ever taken the Prepper Test to see how long you would last, you'll have been sobered by the reality that you and your loved ones can only last so long. After that you and your close neighbors (even the ones you don't like) are going to have to come together to get our society back on to the road to recovery.

So what skill set do you bring to the table?

Me? I'm a reloader. I can probably reload most any ammunition that the community will likely need.

I can build almost anything.
    Friends don't let friends own Glocks.

I fix things and can usually fabricate something to work when there are no parts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Reloading is good sarge but you gotta have supplies? Fixing things is good if there are things to fix them with. With government out of the way I can turn 280 acres of farm land into about 600 since regulations wont get in the way. From that we can feed people, produce some bio fuels, and in general be a kind supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by SARGE7402 View Post
    All of us are preparing for the worst and lord forbid that it should ever come to that. However if you've ever taken the Prepper Test to see how long you would last, you'll have been sobered by the reality that you and your loved ones can only last so long. After that you and your close neighbors (even the ones you don't like) are going to have to come together to get our society back on to the road to recovery.

So what skill set do you bring to the table?

Me? I'm a reloader. I can probably reload most any ammunition that the community will likely need.

Yes I do

Yep......

I would think the more skills you have the better.
    I'll try to keep this short. Sure I missed something.
    Drive and operate, skid steers, loader, backhoe, forklift etc. Drive anything, including over the road semi.
    Can repair and maintain all the above.
    Can fabricate anything, wrench and weld. Can also build a house or barn, plumbing, wiring, septic, etc.
    Can fix and repair firearms and reload. Know how to use them, not afraid to use them.
    Fish, hunt and trap. Clean and can the meat.
    Can grow a nice garden.
    Am a great cook.
    Even read and write, to teach the young ones as a last resort..
    These are things I have done over the years to make a living, actual work experience, not something I read in a book. I'm thinking I'll be of some use.

Not without help!

Medical knowledge, jack of all trades, can think outside the box.

I'm pretty sure that most of us that inhabit this forum aren't totally inept imbeciles. We all have skills that will add to the reconstruction of society if we make it that far.

One skill that will be sorely needed is diplomacy. If we get to the point that things have gone to hell in a handbasket, at some point we will have to start interacting with each other, or other groups again. We will not be able to live safely if we cannot negotiate with others that don't necessarily share our point of view.
    "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links