Hotel scare
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hotel scare

This is a discussion on Hotel scare within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; My husband and I are travel nurses so we stay in hotels/extended stays a lot for work. Last night was our first encounter with this... ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Beach Kowboy
  • 2 Post By Mrs.Prep
  • 1 Post By Inor

Thread: Hotel scare

Hotel scare

My husband and I are travel nurses so we stay in hotels/extended stays a lot for work. Last night was our first encounter with this...

My husband was standing in our doorway last night smoking when an older gentleman walked up and tried to push his way into our room saying it was his room. He was able to push him out, as he got halfway in, and shut the door. I called the cops as he still wanted in. My first thoughts were he's high as a kite or really wasted. Come to find out the cops spoke with him and his daughter...he has dymentia. It kinda broke my heart after finding that out and that his family doesn't know what to do with him but he's a hazard to his health. We could have easily shot him not knowing the situation.

Seems you did the right thing. A lot of people will say they would have just shot him. Anyone with half a brain can tell if someone is REALLY a threat or not and should advance accordingly. I just hear so often people say "I would have shot him".. Just because you shoot someone doesn't mean you are impressing anyone. I have absolutely no qualms about killin someone. I would like to know it needed to be done and I didn't just shoot an old guy with dementia though..
    Double Tap likes this.
    Check out my blog Hidden Content and check out SurvivingTheBreaks and Beach Kowboy on Facebook!!

Yeah my point to his family last night was that eventually someone will kill him if he gets in their house. I told them he needs to be evaluated and 24 hr care before something happens to him.
    MrsInor and Double Tap like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

You guys did the right thing. Unfortunately for him, it could've become much more serious if weapons would've been involved. For this reason, I love having my dogs around, and my asp (baton) from my cop days. Deadly force is not always authorized...especially when some mid-level physical force was all that was needed. Now if the guy was 7'9" and weighed 500 lbs, then deadly force may have been the only way. But...I'm glad it worked out.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

Fate whispers to the warrior, You cannot withstand the storm. The warrior replies, I am the storm.

I'm glad things worked out too. Hopefully he will get the help he needs. Just goes to show though you never know when somthing could happen.

Nice job Mrs.Prep talking to the family. Let's just hope they listened not only so he doesn't get hurt/killed but that he doesn't hurt someone.

I travel a lot for work as well. It has happened to me twice where the desk clerk assigns me to a room that is already occupied. The first time was no big deal. I let myself in the room, noticed luggage there and went back and got reassigned. The second time, I let myself in just as a woman was coming out her bathroom. She was obviously not too pleased to see me coming through her door.

The moral of the story is always put the safety chain on the door when you are in the room. It won't stop a dedicated attack, but it will save embarrassment in an innocent situation.
    Mish likes this.

Super Moderator

It's scary that these hotels handout the rooms to 2 different people! I've had that same experience. Luckily, I was the one walking into someone's room. I saw clothes laid out on the bed and turned around. But, I could of just as easily went into the room and stole stuff. Goos advice on hooking the chain!

OP...I'm glad everything worked out in the end. I hope they figure out a way to get the man help. It must be heartbreaking for the family.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Sponsored Links