Buying land from farmers.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Buying land from farmers. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I know America is a massive country, but is it possible for individuals to approach land owners and ask to buy a small plot of ...

I know America is a massive country, but is it possible for individuals to approach land owners and ask to buy a small plot of land from them for veggie growing and chicken keeping?, just wondering, because, as I'm sure you are aware I'm English and live in a tiny overpopulated country, I was thinking about asking local farmers to buy a small allotment size plot of land from them, just for veggie and chicken keeping, would I be wasting my time?, thanks guys.

Super Moderator

Re: Buying land from farmers.

yes it is and in fact many farmers will lease by the acre or half acre. I'm sure if you spoke with some gentle out of the city types you'd find one quite easily, Hell I'd give you a good deal on a plot from my plantation if you asked since I am very limited on mobility at the moment.
    Always remember- there's a wealth around you

Hiya Pete, are there no allotments up your way? Down here in Dagenham it's £30-50 a year but there'a a huge waiting list as the council has sold of most of the land for housing. http://www.gateshead.gov.uk/Leisure%20a ... ments.aspx

Just some info for the non UK folks, the government in the UK is required by law to provide parcels of land for cultivation. It's around $50-80 for a 2700 ft² / 250m² plot per year. The only problem with that is corruption in local government selling off all the land for a quick buck. They're even selling off school sports fields!

You got yourself a new youtube channel yet Peter?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyf0xed
    Hiya Pete, are there no allotments up your way? Down here in Dagenham it's £30-50 a year but there'a a huge waiting list as the council has sold of most of the land for housing. http://www.gateshead.gov.uk/Leisure%20a ... ments.aspx

Just some info for the non UK folks, the government in the UK is required by law to provide parcels of land for cultivation. It's around $50-80 for a 2700 ft² / 250m² plot per year. The only problem with that is corruption in local government selling off all the land for a quick buck. They're even selling off school sports fields!

You got yourself a new youtube channel yet Peter?
    Thanks Jelly, yeah the allotment waiting list here is 10 years plus, yeah mate, got a new youtube channel, i deleted my other ones myself, as i was becoming addicted, i was spending 11pm till 4 or 5 am on the youtube, was gonna just let the channels run and not go on as much, but i couldn't help myself but go on so i deleted them, got a new channel called paul prepper , but will just use it for viewing other peoples vids, probs should of left those other 2 channels run, but its best i deleted them i think, as i was quite addicted you know

Sponsored Links