Weapon poll
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Weapon poll

This is a discussion on Weapon poll within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; So, i started with the .22. I bought the best .22 that exists, the Ruger 10/22. Maxed it out to a perfect, IMHO, survival state, ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Weapon poll

Weapon poll

So, i started with the .22. I bought the best .22 that exists, the Ruger 10/22. Maxed it out to a perfect, IMHO, survival state, accessories, etc. So, now I am starting the next weapon build. Which would you start first? The Glock 19 or Remington 870? Keep in mind I am getting the stock 870 with wood and 28" barrel. I am leaning towards the 870. Opinions?

I would go with the Glock 19 because the most important thing is to have a gun when you need it and it is hard to work and do the necessary things while carrying a long gun.
    Infidel likes this.

You ask.
    Glock would be about the last thing I would spend cash on.
    870 12G is hard to beat personally I would go for one of the shorter barrel version, The Wingmaster is for bird Hunting and a bit to long for much else.
    870 express is a great option and the cash you save can be spent on another barrel.
    Personal defense hand guns are just that very personal so much depends on what you expect it to do for you.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The handgun. But I wouldn't get a glock. Personal choice.

Get the shotgun. The long barrel is fine and if you want a shorter barrel they are available new and used.
    The shotgun can be used to get food and protect your food. The pistol is great for concealed carry but not much of a hunting gun.

I have the Glock 19 and as you see we are an opinionated bunch around here. I think the Glock is a great gun it's the only automatic I carry. That being said the 870 is hard to beat I don't own one but have been issued them for over thirty years during my career. If you want to modify it I would suggest a spare barrel of shorter length for use as home defense or as a slug gun for hunting. My 2 cents enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTopPapa View Post
    So, i started with the .22. I bought the best .22 that exists, the Ruger 10/22. Maxed it out to a perfect, IMHO, survival state, accessories, etc. So, now I am starting the next weapon build. Which would you start first? The Glock 19 or Remington 870? Keep in mind I am getting the stock 870 with wood and 28" barrel. I am leaning towards the 870. Opinions?
    What are you using this gun for?

With your two choices i would go with the Glock over the Remington.

I know it wasn't your original question but i would go with a shorter barrel 870, then get a Glock, unless your thinking is to use the longer shogun for hunting.

I own a short and long barrel Remington 870 and a Glock. Love them all.
    AquaHull likes this.

Oh, I am gonna get an 18 or 20 inch barrel. I want both barrels, shot extender, etc. A long for bird game and the shorter for defense. I am just questioning you guys on which one would you prefer if everything went to hell tonight. I'll eventually have both. The last build of course will be an AR.

A shot gun will shoot effectively to the same effective range of most handguns. It will stop a man or animal faster than any pistol. It would be deduced that the shotgun was a more vital tool as the only advantage a handgun has is the ability to carry concealed.

Notsoyoung and Denton like this.

If you do not and are considering a carry weapon then you only have the hand gun as a choice. The 870 is so much better for food and defense there is no discussion to be had.and buy the way buy afucking American made hand gun.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links