NH Thieves Raiding Woodpiles For Firewood
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on NH Thieves Raiding Woodpiles For Firewood within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Wasn't sure where to post this. What would you do if you caught someone in the act? If someone asked and were in need I'd ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: NH Thieves Raiding Woodpiles For Firewood

Wasn't sure where to post this. What would you do if you caught someone in the act? If someone asked and were in need I'd probably give them some, if I had plenty... but to just steal the whole pile?

Has this been happening in your area?

NH Thieves Raiding Woodpiles For Firewood « CBS Boston
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Boss, damn near same thing happened to my co-worker, but it was small scale. He caught and 8 year old, red handed, taking from his wood pile. Turns out the mother "sent him over to grab some wood". My friend is usually pretty heartless, but he asked around on facebook, if any of us could spare any wood, several of us made arraingements to drop some off, But my only contribution was that I had some downed limbs, and If they wantd to come get/cut them, they could. Or, that they could wait until the weekend I was off, and me and my friend would cut and bring it to them. The grandfather of the family needing wood said "NO, dont bring/give any wood to my lazy son. He depends on everyone for everything." He took the kids to keep them warm and let the theiving mom and lazy dad sit around and freeze.
    More of the grasshopper and the ant fable...

An old WWII vet my neighboor had that same problem he drilled some holes in some of his wood and packed em with 3006 rounds no one ever stole any more of his firewood
    Denton likes this.
    {GM Consulting Service}
    Revolutions Started, Lions Tamed,
    Assassinations Plotted, Bars Emptied,
    Governments Run, Widows Wooed,
    Uprisings Quelled, Wars Fought, Golf Matches Fixed,
    Pack Trips Guided & Lost

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If I caught em in the act? I guess I'd just run em off. Build me a security fence around it the next day

Banned

If it aint shtf hopefully trees arn't in short supply, they ain't around here. (of course seasoned wood will be unless there is seasoned deadfall, wood will burn if not too bad though)

None the less freezing is horrible people can share heat, if it ain't shtf, that is human life.

IMO theft for survival or to prevent loss of life or disabiliy maiming, stoppage of heinous acts is justifiable under a basis of human rights.

Theft for solely living benefits beyond living needs, such as economic gain or advantage at the cost of depriving another of those benefits who secured them on fair grounds is what is problematical socially.

IN SHTF it pretty much amounts to anything more than you can carry is excess and likely less so important to the other persons survival as that is stuff you need tomorrow and they will die today.

I have absolutely no issue using deadfall from community areas or public lands. Taking from a private persons land is not something I would do - however if my life depended upon damaging someone elses property I would damage and deal with it after my life was no longer in jepordy.

surviving limbs freezing is one of the greatest inhumanities possible especially if they die and arn't functioning upon the dethaw.
    Last edited by Will2; 01-23-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Taking the old couples woodpile sounds more like someone wanting to sell it or just too lazy to cut their own. Seems like the old west horse thief principle their willing to let you freeze to death for their convenience.

You could give them a thin green piece of branch,about 20 times. Then give them an axe and make them replace what they took

Local township tried the ole cutting "downed" trees on public land thing. Few of the guys started on the back side and clear cut the land. Nobody knew what was going on until it was to late. Cut down all the nice big white and red oaks and left the old downed stuff.

In my book stealing is stealing no matter what the reason or situation. Why is it OK to steal just because your a lazy [email protected]@ and are not prepared. What it got cold this winter and you had no idea that would happen? So it's just fine for you to take my supply and put my family and property at risk. You can justify your reasons to make yourself feel better about your crime. It makes no difference if your stealing my car, guns, wood or food. If you try that crap on my property you WILL NOT like the outcome. Coyotes have to eat to.

It's a simply Republican and Democrat thing. One thinks it it's just fine to take from the other who has done the hard work and taken responsibility for for himself. Just to give it to the poor [email protected]@ that wants the hand out. Because somehow it's the other guys fault he's got nothing and should be taken care of.
    Boss Dog, shotlady, Denton and 2 others like this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

IMO theft for survival or to prevent loss of life or disabiliy maiming, stoppage of heinous acts is justifiable under a basis of human rights.

I have absolutely no issue using deadfall from community areas or public lands. Taking from a private persons land is not something I would do - however if my life depended upon damaging someone elses property I would damage and deal with it after my life was no longer in jepordy.
    And that, right there, is the attitude that will get you killed.
    retired guard, Chipper and Denton like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    If it aint shtf hopefully trees arn't in short supply, they ain't around here. (of course seasoned wood will be unless there is seasoned deadfall, wood will burn if not too bad though)

None the less freezing is horrible people can share heat, if it ain't shtf, that is human life.

Theft for solely living benefits beyond living needs, such as economic gain or advantage at the cost of depriving another of those benefits who secured them on fair grounds is what is problematical socially.

IN SHTF it pretty much amounts to anything more than you can carry is excess and likely less so important to the other persons survival as that is stuff you need tomorrow and they will die today.

surviving limbs freezing is one of the greatest inhumanities possible especially if they die and arn't functioning upon the dethaw.
    You are basically suggesting that it is OK to steal life-sustaining material from someone so that you, the unprepared at the time, may live. You understand that, right? You are rationalizing potentially killing others, others who are not threatening you, in order to save yourself.

This position is morally indefensible, and I sincerely hope your life will be more than merely in jeopardy if you attempt to steal firewood from anyone, but especially the elderly.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links