First 15 minutes this morning.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on First 15 minutes this morning. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Watched ABC news this morning for the first 15 minutes of their morning show. Started out my day on a bad note. 1. Strong solar ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: First 15 minutes this morning.

Watched ABC news this morning for the first 15 minutes of their morning show. Started out my day on a bad note.

1. Strong solar flares today expected to disrupt cell phones, GPS etc.

2. Chemical spill. 300000 plus without water. People are scrambling to find some at the stores which of course are all sold out. Lady crying saying she'd never seen anything as bad as this. Standing in the cleared out store.

3. Strong storms flood central Florida, 17 inches of rain, tornados.

4. Earthquake rocks Cuba.

5. Tents being set up outside TX hospitals to quarantine all the flu casing outside of the building. Healthy people as young as 25 mysteriously dieing from the new stain of flu.

6. Afghan president to release known terrorists. These are high level of threat terrorist, against the request of the USA not to.

7. This one is my own. First day above zero in over a week. Yes I'm still whining about the 30 below temps. Spent the last few days helping people start cars. Most knew their battery was getting bad but "didn't have time to get a new one". The best one was "why should I plug the car into the house"? Easier to call the neighbor at 6:30 AM and ask for help. They know my diesel plow trucks are prepped for cold weather and "ALWAYS" are running.

8. Plus the normal economic and political BS.

The point of this is to help the idiots understand why I prep. Why can't you figure out for yourself how fragile our current situation is. Posting here and bothering the "locals" isn't going to help you one bit. Smart people will be responsible and take care of themselves and maybe "some" important others. Maybe even help the people honestly looking for answers. Others are just a waste of resources and will end up be a big part of the problem. Really easy to figure it out after reading a couple posts. Who's an asset or just a liability.

good rant, but you're preaching to the preachers here (sounds like you have been talking to a brick wall for some time)

good luck for the rest of your day, it can only get better
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Yep. Even when it is right on their faces, some people do not get it.
    Denton likes this.
    “Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians--except for the occasional mountain lion steak.”

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jesstheshow View Post
    Yep. Even when it is right on their faces, some people do not get it.
    Few actually pay attention. The truth is they don't really want to know.

Its all good... we have good listeners here
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Quit watching the news a few years ago. One of the best decisions of my life. I get the little bit I need online.
    slewfoot and MrsInor like this.
    Be prepared.
    Boy Scout Motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Watched ABC news this morning for the first 15 minutes of their morning show. Started out my day on a bad note.

1. Strong solar flares today expected to disrupt cell phones, GPS etc.

2. Chemical spill. 300000 plus without water. People are scrambling to find some at the stores which of course are all sold out. Lady crying saying she'd never seen anything as bad as this. Standing in the cleared out store.

3. Strong storms flood central Florida, 17 inches of rain, tornados.

4. Earthquake rocks Cuba.

5. Tents being set up outside TX hospitals to quarantine all the flu casing outside of the building. Healthy people as young as 25 mysteriously dieing from the new stain of flu.

6. Afghan president to release known terrorists. These are high level of threat terrorist, against the request of the USA not to.

7. This one is my own. First day above zero in over a week. Yes I'm still whining about the 30 below temps. Spent the last few days helping people start cars. Most knew their battery was getting bad but "didn't have time to get a new one". The best one was "why should I plug the car into the house"? Easier to call the neighbor at 6:30 AM and ask for help. They know my diesel plow trucks are prepped for cold weather and "ALWAYS" are running.

8. Plus the normal economic and political BS.

The point of this is to help the idiots understand why I prep. Why can't you figure out for yourself how fragile our current situation is. Posting here and bothering the "locals" isn't going to help you one bit. Smart people will be responsible and take care of themselves and maybe "some" important others. Maybe even help the people honestly looking for answers. Others are just a waste of resources and will end up be a big part of the problem. Really easy to figure it out after reading a couple posts. Who's an asset or just a liability.

Same kind of thing hit me one day a month or so ago and I got pretty low. Someone hit me with a little advice and that was take note of things but not to worry about what you can't control and concentrate on your strengths. I let that soak in for awhile and that person was right! Concentrate on your strengths and stay positive!
    Denton likes this.

What is interesting is what they do not cover not as much what they do cover.
    Denton and hayden like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Quit watching the news a few years ago. One of the best decisions of my life. I get the little bit I need online.
    Same , hate watching news it just brings down your day. I read the paper on line so I can pick and choose what I want to read.
    You build on failure, you use it as a stepping stone.
    Johnny Cash.

I mis-read your post. I shouldn't have a few beers after working all night. I read one thing and take in another.

Yes all very good examples of why we prep. I just sent your post to a non prepping friend as I have been trying to wake him up for years.
    Seems a very few folks get this while 99% don't and I don't get that as we all are exposed to the same media outlets everyday.
    People see what they want to see I guess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links