Global Warming?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Global Warming?

This is a discussion on Global Warming? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; "Global warming scientists forced to admit defeat... because of too much ice: Stranded Antarctic ship's crew will be rescued by helicopter Chris Turney, a climate ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Global Warming?

Global Warming?

"Global warming scientists forced to admit defeat... because of too much ice: Stranded Antarctic ship's crew will be rescued by helicopter

Chris Turney, a climate scientist and leader of the expedition, was going to document 'environmental changes' at the pole
    In an interview he said he expected melting ice to play a part in expedition
    MV Akademik Schokalskiy still stuck among thick ice sheet 1,500 nautical miles south of Hobart, the Tasmanian capital
    Called for help at 5am Christmas morning after becoming submerged in ice
    Australia's back-up ship, Aurora Australis could not break through"

For those of you who are unfamiliar, these people were heading to the camp of a famous Antartic explorer set up in 1912, but they couldn't make couldn't make it to that historic camp because of the thick ice. Global warming my hairy behind.
    Ripon likes this.

I was laughing at this story earlier today; the ironies of those crying about global warming just continue to mount. The faster people reality global warming is a redistribution of wealth plan the better off we will all be. What a bunch of morons, but I have to wonder who's paying for it?

hey as much as it's "bull shit" there should still be a concern, pollution is not a laughable business...

there was some truth to the theory, but environmental scientists refuse to team up with geologists to come up with enough evidence, and scream the same word over and over, (add some record weather patterns) people will listen, and believe it to be true

there was enough evidence to suggest a chance in weather patterns were coming, due to the rate we were polluting the world... global warming sounds scary enough to act on...
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Yup.. Laughable. Some of These same people were screaming in 1974 about the coming ice age. Guess they got it.

C02 for the record is not a pollutant. Should we watch what we do.. Sure.. But this global warming crap is about control. Nothing more and nothing less. Unless your al gore then it's about money..for him.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

If they all died out there I think I might laugh at the irony.

Ok, that's a lie, I KNOW I would.
    Inor likes this.

I think we need to republish the Darwin awards for 2013, just saying....
    slewfoot likes this.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Yup.. Laughable. Some of These same people were screaming in 1974 about the coming ice age. Guess they got it.

C02 for the record is not a pollutant. Should we watch what we do.. Sure.. But this global warming crap is about control. Nothing more and nothing less. Unless your al gore then it's about money..for him.
    i thought the fear was based on cfc's and carbon monoxide, and well founded... just got twisted so many times it became a house of cards destined to collapse, global warming, in the sense of pollution linked to climate issues is as real as it gets, but in the sense "oh this will cause the next ice age" is people watching too many movies
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

No more ice means the earth is warming up faster. Get back on the bus.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

So, I'm still waiting for my share of global warming...

It was freezing or below until 2PM today and at 4PM it started to snow.

How the heck am I going to test my new chronograph without some warmer weather?

C'mon guys and gals... Get out their and run your lawn mowers, cars, trucks, grass trimmers and snowmobiles! We could use a bit of global warming.

Carbon monoxide is not a "greenhouse gas" - The worse offender is methane followed by CO2 but there are other factors at work here folks. The highest level in the fossil record of CO2 was at the beginning of the coniferous period - just before the world was covered with forests and rain forests. The average temperature was considerably warmer than now. There was no Ice Age do to the carbon dioxide - it just made the plants grow. That made the CO2 levels drop and the oxygen level to twice what it is today and the earth was covered with six foot bugs! (they breath through vents in their legs and the O2 content regulates their size. The last time that methane and CO2 were at their highest the earth was an inferno - it was due to volcanic activity and even with the ash and green house gasses it took 1000 years to begin the first ice age.

The position of the continents, the effect on the ocean currents, and the air travel around the globe all have to be in the right frame to make it colder or warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    So, I'm still waiting for my share of global warming...
    come visit Australia and you can enjoy my share, ok ok it's naturally hot this time of year... but you get my point
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links