2004: Man Destroys Corrupt City In Armored Bulldozer Rampage

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on 2004: Man Destroys Corrupt City In Armored Bulldozer Rampage within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; How long before we have other Americans pissed enough to take justice into their own hands? If you are going to make a statement, this ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 2004: Man Destroys Corrupt City In Armored Bulldozer Rampage

How long before we have other Americans pissed enough to take justice into their own hands? If you are going to make a statement, this is how to do it.

Marvin John Heemeyer, an American welder and an automobile muffler repair shop owner most known for his rampage with a modified bulldozer. Outraged over the outcome of a zoning dispute, he armored a Komatsu D355A bulldozer with layers of steel and concrete and used it to demolish the town hall, the former mayor’s house, and other buildings in Granby, Colorado. The rampage ended when the bulldozer got stuck in the basement of a Gambles store he was in the process of destroying. Heemeyer then killed himself with a handgun.

The machine used in the incident was a Komatsu D355A bulldozer fitted with makeshift armor plating covering the cabin, engine and parts of the tracks. In places this armor was over 1 foot (30 cm) thick, consisting of 5000-psi Quikrete concrete mix sandwiched between sheets of tool steel, to make ad-hoc composite armor.

This made the machine impervious to small arms fire and resistant to explosives: indeed three external explosions and more than 200 rounds of ammunition fired at the bulldozer had no effect on it.

For visibility the bulldozer was fitted with several video cameras linked to two monitors mounted on the vehicle’s dashboard; the cameras were protected on the outside by 3-inch (76 mm) shields of bullet-resistant plastic. Onboard fans and an air conditioner were used to keep Heemeyer cool while driving, and compressed-air nozzles were fitted to blow dust away from the video cameras. He had made three gun-ports, fitted for a .50 caliber sniper rifle, a .308 semi-automatic, and a .22 long rifle, all fitted with a half-inch-thick steel plate.
    Man Destroys Corruption In Bulldozer Rampage: "What Happens When You Have Too Much Govt Interference"
    Slippy and KUSA like this.

This is glorious!

sent from a paper cup and string via quantum wierdness
    RedLion likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Wow. Blast from the past. I do remember that. I also remember some guy got a hold of a tank, I believe from Camp Pendleton in San Diego, and went on a rampage.

Funny you started this thread. Today I was thinking about that old Michael Douglas movie Falling Down. Your average guy who finally gets fed up and starts to do something about it.

2004: Man Destroys Corrupt City In Armored Bulldozer Rampage-large_jbhjwsuvvoizkxg067vwvrwvohb.jpg
    RedLion, A Watchman and Leon like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Wow. Blast from the past. I do remember that. I also remember some guy got a hold of a tank, I believe from Camp Pendleton in San Diego, and went on a rampage.

Funny you started this thread. Today I was thinking about that old Michael Douglas movie Falling Down. Your average guy who finally gets fed up and starts to do something about it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large_jBHJWSUvvOIZkXG067vwVRWvohB.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	39825
    That flick is awesome. I may have to get a hold of it to watch agai.
    Sasquatch, A Watchman and Leon like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    That flick is awesome. I may have to get a hold of it to watch agai.
    That's what I was thinking when it popped into my head.

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

KUSA likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

The picture of Falling Down the guy already has a Mossberg Shochwave. Here they are claiming it's something new.

I don't see people going on rampages for a while. Trump has brought some hope that things may go back to normal. Now if Hildo would have won I'd be singing a different tune.
    Smitty901 and dwight55 like this.

Modern technology has put a lot of destructive power into the hands of individuals.

We may or may not not see our own outraged citizens doing these things again, I think it will depend a lot on the economy and how oppressive government becomes. But we will definitely see mass casualty incidents again; witness the death caused by terrorist-driven simple delivery trucks in Europe recently.

Super Moderator

I want one of those....

Rancher
    dwight55 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links