What Are You Really Prepping For??
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What Are You Really Prepping For?? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I know that all of us are preparing for an event that we feel will be the cause of TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World ...

Poll: What Event Will Cause TEOTWAWKI?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I know that all of us are preparing for an event that we feel will be the cause of TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It) but would like to get a good read on which event worries us the most. In some cases we might be preparing for more than one event but only vote for the one that you are the most concerned about. Mine is the breakdown of moral and civil fiber due to world economic failure. What's you biggest concern??
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

Re: What Are You Really Prepping For??

Pretty much economic failure, resulting in strikes by workers, which will start the ball rolling, no food deliveries to supermarkets etc etc etc

Food and water are my main preps, non electric lighting, coms (just a wind up radio) , wood burner with plenty of fuel and chopping equipment.

Yup, imagine something happens, and the supermarket shelves are empty within a few hours, imagine turning on your tap and nothing coming out, scarey and deadly scenarios.

I think economic collapse is our most prevalent danger. Every time I go to the grocery store or to fill up a vehicle the price jumps are very frightening. Investing in food is better than investing in the stock market.
    Of course, we prepare for possible disasters in our area, forest fires, drought, blizzards, earthquakes.
    All the major casastrophies like, Yellowstone, Nuclear bombs, a major solar flare, or a sudden pole shift, pretty much leave us SOL anyway.
    We are storing food, water, fuel, wood, and trying to get as much debt paid off as possible. We are also putting some passive solar projects and wind generators.
    All anyone can do is be as prepared as possible, and pray for the best.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

i am preparing for two things. my main one is hurricane. i need to store food water and power supply. i live in houston and seen my share of hurricanes. my parents house is the safest imo. it is well insulated and well fortified. the house i live in i wouldnt want to stay but will if i need to. on the last hurricane we had enough food and water to last us 2 weeks for up to 20 people. the second thing i'm getting prepared for is anything. when shtf or teotwawki. i just got a shed that i will start storing water and food. i will also dig holes in my backyard to hide and store items that i can go get later on.

Well I live in florida... I am prepping for hurricane season, but beyond that, I dont think $2,000,000,000,000 in debt a year is a sustainable model for an economy... eventually the check will come due, and we dont have enough in our bank account to cover it. when that happens all of our debtors will call in their loans and we will be up a creek without a paddle... and sadly there will be no biomass digester to help give us some benefit from being up THAT creek.

There are so many things that could go wrong at any given moment. Take your pick. I think economic meltdown is currently the most likely scenario to happen anytime soon. Also of great concern to me is the #4 Fuel Pool at Fukushima. If it suffers anymore damage, it will affect all of us. There is nothing I can do to prepare for that, because I don't have that kind of money. I just say a brief prayer every time my earthquake app goes off telling me there was a 4.2 or a 5.1 quake 30 or 90 miles from Fukushima.

The Top Short-Term Threat to Humanity: The Fuel Pools of Fukushima http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/...fukushima.html A quote from the article: "Anti-nuclear physician Dr. Helen Caldicott says that if fuel pool 4 collapses, she will evacuate her family from Boston and move them to the Southern Hemisphere. This is an especially dramatic statement given that the West Coast is much more directly in the path of Fukushima radiation than the East Coast."

A Visual Tour of the Fuel Pools of Fukushima http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed...ools-fukushima
    Living my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "oh $#|+, she's awake!" Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by whyspers
    There are so many things that could go wrong at any given moment. Take your pick. I think economic meltdown is currently the most likely scenario to happen anytime soon. Also of great concern to me is the #4 Fuel Pool at Fukushima. If it suffers anymore damage, it will affect all of us. There is nothing I can do to prepare for that, because I don't have that kind of money. I just say a brief prayer every time my earthquake app goes off telling me there was a 4.2 or a 5.1 quake 30 or 90 miles from Fukushima.

The Top Short-Term Threat to Humanity: The Fuel Pools of Fukushima http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/...fukushima.html A quote from the article: "Anti-nuclear physician Dr. Helen Caldicott says that if fuel pool 4 collapses, she will evacuate her family from Boston and move them to the Southern Hemisphere. This is an especially dramatic statement given that the West Coast is much more directly in the path of Fukushima radiation than the East Coast."

A Visual Tour of the Fuel Pools of Fukushima http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed...ools-fukushima
    Scary times for the old world. Thanks for the links.
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

C5GUY One thing I did to prepare for an event like Fukushima was to stock up on potasium iodide 130mg. It saturates the thyroids and blocks nuclear iodides from entering the thyroids. The people around Chernoble were given this and they survived, people further away were not given this and died of thyroid cancer. I got 140 doses for around 24 bucks on fleabay. I'm not a doctor so don't take this as gospel but it is something you could check into.

Zombie Apoc all the way. That's what people will act like when the stores have no food for them, the will literally tear you apart for your food.
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

ZGF

It's really interesting that so many people are going for the "economic meltdown" option. That's where my vote went too.

I think no matter what your politics, beliefs, and location right now... everyone is getting the feeling that the world market is going nowhere good.
    Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links