A Ramble
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A Ramble

This is a discussion on A Ramble within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; So… I’m sitting here at a little after 10 PM on a Saturday night with a glass of Glenlivet and a bag of Doritos trying ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A Ramble

A Ramble

So… I’m sitting here at a little after 10 PM on a Saturday night with a glass of Glenlivet and a bag of Doritos trying to get a fix on the next navigational beacon amidst an increasingly dense fog that shrouds our nation’s future. Fools on the left of me, jokers on the right… the middle is no place to be.

Normally, my wife and I would be heading off to Church in the morning, except that they’ve decided to do a message based on the Super bowl. All we can think of is Lady Gaga and her global equality message… maybe it’s time to look for another congregation.

I guess that’s the point of this ramble (if there be one). A few short weeks ago we knew who we were at odds with. They continuously dropped Obama’s name and repeated time worn rhetorical phrases… easy to recognize and well defined like rows of trenches and barbed wire. Now the field of conflict has become vague, shifting from day to day… briefly strong and lucid, then unfocused and obscure. We still know who we are, but who are they? Conservative one day and RHINO the next… worthy of allegiance at one point and dissolving into non-definition soon after.

The next few weeks will hopefully sift out the weak and the stout. Our victory is not yet won, but hangs on a few determined threads as old as the Constitution and as new as the fledgling administration. I pause at the point where my personal rabbit hole opens to the world. Whether I venture out and celebrate a more sane society or dig deeper still into my self-absorbed preparations, I hope God’s wisdom will guide me and us all. Salute.
    Inor, TG, Slippy and 5 others like this.

Well said.
    And 18 year old Glenlivet is known to bring a man into new realms of consciousness.
    Camel923 likes this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Is a church message about the Super Bowl necessarily a bad thing? Maybe they will be talking about how we need distractions like that on occasion but not to stray too far. Or maybe they'll be talking about how a great number of people in our country now worship football and Lady Gaga and the like and now is the time to strengthen your relationship with God? Just a thought.

BTW, what flavor of Doritos? Asking for a friend.
    Camel923, A Watchman and Slippy like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Many of us are in the same boat. Electing hillary would have been bad no doubt. But that does not make electing Trump good. So where to go?
    A Watchman and Prepared One like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Only mention of the Superbowl in our church would be to pray for the heathens who took off a day with God to watch it. Lol!

Without calling it so, our pastor regularly makes mention of prepper ideas and the need for it.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

If your a Christian , stay in prayer because electing Trump was the first minor miracle. If you want to see the things change as he campaigned on, stay involved. Let your political representives know how you feel on both federal and state levels. Do not expect someone else to do it for you. Every week fax, email, write or call. The Bible is full of stories of imperfect people achieving the extraordinary.

With Mr Trump as President, we have a flawed individual doing The extraordinary by changing the way Washington works. Support him as this war can still be lost. The evil will show themselves. Remember who they are and work to cast them out. We may not get another bite at the apple if Trump fails. Pray for him. JMHO.
    Targetshooter likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I wish I was able to go to Church every Sunday , but with the way my health is I can't , so I spend a hour or two with my Bible every Sunday reading . I may not be the perfect Christian , but who is this day in age ? My Grandmother is , God Bless her . God has planed out our life the day we were born , we just have to do the right thing and follow him through with his plan . We will make mistakes along the way , I pray for him to show me the way and guide me when times get ruff . Prayer is the most powerful tool you have in life , use it .
    Slippy and Camel923 like this.
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

TG

(Off topic) @pakrat , I love your writing style, your talent is obvious.

@pakrat ,

I'm right there with you brother.

The world is filled with evil, always has, always will until its not. A lifelong friend of Mrs Slippy's whose husband is an assistant pastor at a big church told Mrs Slippy that many of the church's employees revealed that they voted for Hillary Clinton. She thought these people, on the abortion issue alone, would never have voted for Clinton. Of course many most likely voted for Obama too. There are many wolves in sheep's clothing but the sheep dog must remain steadfast. Too many churches are lost and are not Bible preaching, God Loving institutions and they must be avoided. Good ones still exist but where are they?

I stopped weeping for our great republic, it is gone.

While the Beast was no option and thankfully is now relegated to a footnote in history, I do not rest easy. My view of the future is one of caution. Only a small battle has been won if if you consider Trump a win. The war against the liberal globalists hangs very much in the balance. Be prepared.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links