This Forum and What It Really Means To Me
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on This Forum and What It Really Means To Me within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have surfed, watched, researched and joined a lot of forums in the past. And I have quit every single one of them. Except for ...

Like Tree35Likes
  • 13 Post By bigdogbuc
  • 5 Post By Meangreen
  • 4 Post By Inor
  • 2 Post By MrsInor
  • 4 Post By bigdogbuc
  • 5 Post By Meangreen
  • 1 Post By longrider
  • 1 Post By longrider

Thread: This Forum and What It Really Means To Me

Banned

I have surfed, watched, researched and joined a lot of forums in the past. And I have quit every single one of them. Except for this one. And it's probably because I find most of you to be just as sick, twisted and overtly cynical as I am. :D

When I log on, this is always, every single time, my very first stop. Just to check in and see what my "cyber family" has going on; who is talking about what, what weird opinion is floating through the forum, who's mad at who, what information, experience or opinion is being sought, who has the joke for the day and so on.

I love the sense of humor in this forum. I dig that we don't take ourselves too seriously, that we have a lot of light hearted and funny discussions, rips on each other, and the fact that we also know how to get down to business in the arena of Prepping.

I have great rapport with several of you, ones that in the real world, I would share a beer with you, let you step into my circle of trust, get up at midnight in a rain storm to help you dig out your truck, share my food with you, and protect you and yours to my very last breath.

In my early 20's, I once worked as a personal assistant (bitch) for a man who was very, very wealthy and ran with those who were filthy stinking rich. Forbes types. He said to me one day; "The measure of a true friend is someone that you will trust with your money, your wife, your children and your life. I consider you a true friend." There are many of you here that though we have never "met", I know that I could trust you with all of those things. Simply because that is who you are. Because you are good people. Because you have virtue, integrity, morals, values and compassion that are in line with mine. You have shown yourself through your words, and those words have always been consistent, honest and straight forward.

I am a better person for those of you in this forum.

Sincerely and with a most humble heart,

Steven

It's good you're still with us and I would like to meet you and have that beer. I have shared many things on this forum that I locked up and haven't shared with very few. I look forward to looking at what is new on the forum and see that many of you have dealt with the same things and continue to fight on.

To paraphrase Babe Ruth, I like this site because 50% of the time you all make me laugh out loud, 50% of the time you give me serious thought and some really great ideas and 50% of the time folks come out here just to piss us off and that lets me know I am still alive.

Regards

Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Hell bigdocbuc is just trying to up his Like count.

Just kidding - if I could I would like that post twice.
    bigdogbuc and longrider like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrsInor View Post
    Hell bigdocbuc is just trying to up his Like count.

Just kidding - if I could I would like that post twice.
    I'd up your like count out of sympathy for being MrsInor....
    longrider, MrsInor, Inor and 1 others like this.

This is as important as prepping. We the selected few gather around the fire and not only share stories but strengthen bonds. Without each other we perish, with each other we strive.
    bigdogbuc, longrider, Inor and 2 others like this.

Well, I wish we could all meet. I know Mr & Mrs Inor. They are the most down-to-earth people you'd ever meet. Just two very good people. I know that if I had the chance to meet more/all of you, I'd feel the same about all of you. I keep looking for "gatherings" or "meet and greets" but haven't seen any. Maybe in the late spring (when roads are more predictable) we can have a Great Prepper Gathering. A rendezvous as the old trappers had. We could find a state or county park to meet up and camp for a weekend.

Think about it, people. I'm there. Say where and when. My tent is already packed!
    Inor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Well, I wish we could all meet. I know Mr & Mrs Inor. They are the most down-to-earth people you'd ever meet. Just two very good people. I know that if I had the chance to meet more/all of you, I'd feel the same about all of you. I keep looking for "gatherings" or "meet and greets" but haven't seen any. Maybe in the late spring (when roads are more predictable) we can have a Great Prepper Gathering. A rendezvous as the old trappers had. We could find a state or county park to meet up and camp for a weekend.

Think about it, people. I'm there. Say where and when. My tent is already packed!
    A ronny-voo?

You bet! I'll be the boozway, if anyone would be interested. I just started a thread under the general prepper talk, to that effect. Whaddaya say, Pard? Ya old muskrat chaser.
    Meangreen likes this.

We'll be there ya likker lovin' nigger!

Sponsored Links