What happened to separation of Church and State?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What happened to separation of Church and State? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; A Texas Republican announced over the weekend that he plans to resign his post as a member of the Electoral College rather than cast a ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: What happened to separation of Church and State?

Super Moderator

A Texas Republican announced over the weekend that he plans to resign his post as a member of the Electoral College rather than cast a ballot for US President-elect Donald Trump, a man he deems "not biblically qualified for office."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-ele...152847695.html

Rancher

Sorry to say , that went out some 20 years ago .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Super Moderator

Separation of church and state is a warped reading of a letter written by Jefferson.
    What is confusing is that delegate's thinking.
    Camel923, Slippy, Boss Dog and 6 others like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Keep them separate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    johngalt1701 likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by OakOwl View Post
    Keep them separate

In what manner?
    Old SF Guy likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I don't want any religion influencing government policies.

SGG likes this.

This country could not and would not be anything more than a British colony, . . . or a wilderness, . . . if it were not for the CHRISTIAN religion.

Your thought pattern, OakOwl, . . . is totally faulty, . . . wrong, . . . and cannot function in a society.

ALL societies that have ever endured over any length of time based their premise for being on some god(s) they believed in.

The USA put it's trust in Jehovah God, . . . Jesus Christ, His Son, . . . and the Holy Spirit of God that assists men/women in their daily living. Without Them and the trust we Christians have put in Them, . . . we would not exist, . . . the Souix, Navaho, etc would still be chasing buffalo here.

You would be still on some other continent, . . . probably wearing a loin cloth or bear skin, . . . hunting and grubbing for food, . . . and trying your best not to become a menu item for those/whatever is around you.

But, . . . today you are receiving the benefit of Christianity just in your citizenship, . . . and for you to denounce it is blasphemous and insulting to God. BUT, . . . just stick around, . . . your reward for doing so is coming.

Only two nations have ever given their citizens total freedom to be what they want to be, . . . to soar to the greatest heights they can, . . . USA and Israel. Funny, . . . both just happen to be on the same religious page.

The one you are not on.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Slippy, A Watchman, ekim and 3 others like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    If I'm not mistaken, our constitution was written with the guidance of judao Christian principles, pardon my spelling , Christianity is at the heart of the United States, separation of church and state is about the government not being able to dictate what religion you chose to follow, doesn't say anything about not being able to display a nativity on city property. Some liberal judge decided that. Ok, I'm ready to be taken to task now.....
    Slippy, A Watchman, Denton and 4 others like this.

Christianity was never intended to be separate and unmentionable in government or politics. Taking 7 words out of the context of one letter after all framers of the Constitution were long dead does not make the current invented reasoning true. The actual meaning from Jefferson to a fearful congregation in Connecticut to reassure parishioners that the federal government would not dictate the content of sermons. The letter never remotely implied that religion would not dictate politics, law or public discourse or uninhibited expression of Christianity which in the 18th century was a direct translation of the word religion in common language.

I wonder it this elector would have any problems voting for milk toast Romney or McLame, the last two GOP republican presidential losers and accredited RINOs?
    Last edited by Camel923; 11-29-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by OakOwl View Post
    I don't want any religion influencing government policies.

Too late.

The ignorant evil dumbasses in the obama administration have been allocating your and my tax dollars to invite thousands of islamists under the political guise of giving them "Refugee" status, then awarding them "permanent residence status" (green card) and providing education, housing and food to a vast majority of them. However, this administration believes incorrectly that islam is a religion and refuses to see the reality which is that followers of islam adhere to a geo-political ideology of world domination by killing, converting or enslaving the infidel.

Regardless, this administration is influenced greatly by this ideology that they argue emphatically is a religion.

A good example is the murdering muslime who attacked people at Ohio State University yesterday. His goal was to further his so called religion by killing the infidel.

Last question; Do you like apples?

Well, how do you like them apples?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links