What happened to separation of Church and State? - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What happened to separation of Church and State?

This is a discussion on What happened to separation of Church and State? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Medic33 got-cha alrighty then. but that's kind of funny don't you think? Funny? I have bloody fingers from a broken up screen ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: What happened to separation of Church and State?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Medic33 View Post
    got-cha alrighty then. but that's kind of funny don't you think?
    Funny? I have bloody fingers from a broken up screen and you think it is funny?
    So do I!

I am now home and on my crappy laptop. Any typos are now on me.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Medic33 View Post
    if marriage only had to do with religion then how can a justice of the peace, or a ships captain preform the binding ceremony?
    Money.

There was a time when marriages were performed by the pastor and were logged into the family Bible. The government had nothing to do with it.
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by OakOwl View Post
    The Establishment Clause prevents the U.S. from creating a state or national religion, from favoring one religion over another, or entangling the government with religion. No state can pick it's religion. So marriage can't have anything to do with religion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    You are really lacking in some serious knowledge!

The notion was that the federal government could not pick one CHRISTIAN denomination over the others.
    Entangling? Excuse me, but I stick with the founders' intent and not the twisted, perverted teaching of the last few decades.

To be honest with you, I am done spoon feeding you. You honestly do not bring anything to the table as far as knowledge. I spent years doing my own study. When I say study, I don't mean reading other people's interpretation. I mean I had to go to the point of understanding the language of the time just so I could properly understand the writings of the Federalist Papers and the Anti-Federalist Papers. Often times, a word that looks familiar to you had the opposite meaning in the days of the founding fathers. Talk about a headache.
    To make matters worse, my personality causes me to speak and write in the style I surround myself. Fortunately, that same quirk brings me back into contemporary writing and speaking pretty quickly.

Point I am trying to make is you are an elementary school child trying to argue with a college math professor is wrong when he says 2 plus 2 equals four. You might feel it equals five, and someone else might tell you it does, but you are still arguing from a position that is not on par with the professor.

As far as your earlier comment that the law is on your side, you are wrong, once again. Not only are all statutes not laws, there are many judges, up to even the supreme court level, that uphold unconstitutional statutes because they are disconnected from the very foundation of this nation. That doesn't mean you or they are correct; that means our nation has been conquered.
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by azrancher View Post
    A Texas Republican announced over the weekend that he plans to resign his post as a member of the Electoral College rather than cast a ballot for US President-elect Donald Trump, a man he deems "not biblically qualified for office."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-ele...152847695.html

Rancher
    Heard him blabbering on NPR this morning. Hes a Catholic and pissed off at himself for being a Mexican. They dont think rational.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    But you are also free to choose hell, and one can do so by even denying it's existence. Their reasoning is if there is no hell then they are free to do as they please. They also deny God's existence and choose the same thing.
    Right.
    On a side note, I don't understand why people get so upset over Jesus.
    You either love Him or hate Him, or else you twist His words to your own liking and pretend to love Him, I guess....Remember He was crucified because people don't like the truth and Christ was all about the truth.

It seems to me what he taught in the New Testament was common sense. But on the other hand things like common sense, common courtesy and common decency aren't so common anymore. These same people who believe in free speech are the first one's that try to shut you up by any means necessary when you disagree with them.
    Liberals are supposed to be the open minded ones, but ironically they're only open minded about their own opinions. With the gay agenda, there are many who aren't satisfied with live and let live, no. They want our approval and they won't be happy until they get it. That's why you find the worst of them going after bakers who won't make their wedding cakes and photographers who don't want to do gay marriages. This "tolerance" stuff is taught in our schools. We pay for it with our tax money. Our churches are gonna be next, I'm afraid.
    dwight55, Slippy and Maine-Marine like this.
    St. Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
    and do thou,
    O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan,
    and all the evil spirits,
    who prowl about the world
    seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    You are really lacking in some serious knowledge!

The notion was that the federal government could not pick one CHRISTIAN denomination over the others.
    Entangling? Excuse me, but I stick with the founders' intent and not the twisted, perverted teaching of the last few decades.

To be honest with you, I am done spoon feeding you. You honestly do not bring anything to the table as far as knowledge. I spent years doing my own study. When I say study, I don't mean reading other people's interpretation. I mean I had to go to the point of understanding the language of the time just so I could properly understand the writings of the Federalist Papers and the Anti-Federalist Papers. Often times, a word that looks familiar to you had the opposite meaning in the days of the founding fathers. Talk about a headache.
    To make matters worse, my personality causes me to speak and write in the style I surround myself. Fortunately, that same quirk brings me back into contemporary writing and speaking pretty quickly.

Point I am trying to make is you are an elementary school child trying to argue with a college math professor is wrong when he says 2 plus 2 equals four. You might feel it equals five, and someone else might tell you it does, but you are still arguing from a position that is not on par with the professor.

As far as your earlier comment that the law is on your side, you are wrong, once again. Not only are all statutes not laws, there are many judges, up to even the supreme court level, that uphold unconstitutional statutes because they are disconnected from the very foundation of this nation. That doesn't mean you or they are correct; that means our nation has been conquered.
    The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." --John Adams

The united States was the first national founded without a national religion

The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." --John Adams

The united States was the first national founded without a national religion

Didn't we do this once already? I guess it's ok to ignore reality.
    Denton likes this.

Keep them separate

LOL... do I spend 20 minutes giving a history lesson or just let this slip by

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

this exercise might include refusing to vote for a person, not issuing marriage licenses, not making a wedding cake, not serving in the military...

IF religion was to be removed then only atheists could run for office, run florist shops, bake cakes for sale, own rental property... it is impossible for a person that REALLY believes in God to not have that as center in ALL their thinking
    Slippy, Dubyagee and Medic33 like this.
    Be a Berean

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”

please read the Constitution dating In the YEAR OF OUR LORD
    Name:  jeffersinITYOOLC1-e1303266991868.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  33.5 KB

and

The Paris Peace Treaty was the document which formally ended the Revolution and granted the United States independence from Great Britain. In a real sense, the United States formally became a nation on September 3, 1783.

When the United States became a nation, it was done in the “name of the most holy and undivided Trinity.” The preamble to this Treat states it is based upon the “Holy and undivided Trinity.” The concept of the holy Trinity is unique to Christianity. This statement means the United States was founded on the Christian faith. The complete Preamble follows:

“In the name of the most holy and undivided Trinity”

The Treaty then ends just like the Constitution with a statement it is being signed in the “Year of our Lord.” The witnesses representing the United States were John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Jay and D. Hartley. The section in part follows:
    “In witness whereof we the undersigned, their ministers plenipotentiary, have in their name and in virtue of our full powers, signed with our hands the present definitive treaty and caused the seals of our arms to be affixed thereto.Done at Paris, this third day of September in the year of our Lord, one thousand seven hundred and eighty-three”

D. HARTLEY
    JOHN ADAMS
    B. FRANKLIN
    JOHN JAY
    Denton and Medic33 like this.
    Be a Berean

It amazes me that so many people in the USA want to fight so hard against Christianity and Christians and yet many of them welcome islamists who want to kill them.

People are stupid and the world done gone crazy...
    Last edited by Slippy; 12-01-2016 at 04:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    Maine-Marine and Medic33 like this.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links