Target Practice
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Target Practice

This is a discussion on Target Practice within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Well, today was one of those nasty wet cold days and my fiance was around the cabin fixin a few things up and hanging out. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Target Practice

Target Practice

Well, today was one of those nasty wet cold days and my fiance was around the cabin fixin a few things up and hanging out. We went out the other evening and did a little shooting with our .45's, my .308 I am gettin ready for huntin season and a 17hmr w/bull barrel I like to play with.. It started to rain so we didn't get to shoot but about 45 minutes or so.

Well, today I got a wild hair up my ass while she was in the other room. I grabbed a target(rain had stopped for a few) and went out 100 yds per my Leica 1200 rangefinder and set up the target. I came back in, took the screen out of the window and set up a little bench for shooting. I just had to see the look on her face so I put a 17hmr inthe chamber settled in and pulled the trigger.. She comes in and looks at me, then says "my turn".. So we shot for a little while while staying nice and dry.
    Check out my blog Hidden Content Also SurvivingTheBreaks on Facebook.. My radio show will be goin live next week on Hidden Content so be sure to listen out.

The little NEF with bull barrel is a single shot but VERY accurate. It was shootin 1/4 MOA at 100yds..
    Meangreen and Fuzzee like this.
    Check out my blog Hidden Content Also SurvivingTheBreaks on Facebook.. My radio show will be goin live next week on Hidden Content so be sure to listen out.

Awesome. puttin lead downrange from inside the house.
    BigCheeseStick likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Awesome. puttin lead downrange from inside the house.
    I have been thinkin about it for a bit just finally decided to do it today. It was fun as hell. Next time I am going to set up 300 and 500 yard target and use the .308.. We just put the barrel about 4-6 in outside and squeeze.... I will use a can with the .308 probably..Even though we are putting 4-6 in of the barrel outside..

I got in trouble for writing down the range to different points out my back window across the field, out to 450yds. It's easy just to look down and adjust accordingly. Don't need to find the range finder all the time for a quick shot. Guess I shouldn't have used a black sharpie on the white window frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    I got in trouble for writing down the range to different points out my back window across the field, out to 450yds. It's easy just to look down and adjust accordingly. Don't need to find the range finder all the time for a quick shot. Guess I shouldn't have used a black sharpie on the white window frame.
    LOL, I have done the same thing.. I have several points ranged.. I just didn't have the spot for the target ranged and I wanted it pretty close..

When the boy were young we would sit in side the back pouch on a rainy day. Had targets on the old barn. House would smell of gun power ,wife would get upset with us.
    Winchester 190 .22 and have so many casing on the floor we vacuumed them up
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

five shots with a 44 mag off hand open sights thats a quarter Target Practice-photo-16-.jpg
    BigCheeseStick likes this.

opps wrong pic here is the right one Target Practice-photo-8-.jpg

the previous post was at 25 yards this was the same gun open sights at 225 yards (S&W 629) target was rubber self healing well it didnt heal after that 180 gr HP wacked itTarget Practice-photo-7-.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links