Anybody else going to boycott the NFL and its advertisers> - Page 6

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anybody else going to boycott the NFL and its advertisers>

This is a discussion on Anybody else going to boycott the NFL and its advertisers> within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by NorthernSurvival NFL players are trying to start a conversation, not be disrespectful, sorry it offends you, go grumble some more. Kids in ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Anybody else going to boycott the NFL and its advertisers>

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernSurvival View Post
    NFL players are trying to start a conversation, not be disrespectful, sorry it offends you, go grumble some more. Kids in highschools, like me, are starting to have these conversations because of them.

This forum cracks me up. As a 17 year old kid, all you old unprogressive leathery bags make me glad I'm part of a more progressive generation. If you don't agree with it keep your mouths closed.
    Supposedly supports things like NFL protests starting a conversation about such topics, but then tells people here to keep their mouths closed if we don't agree with it. Interesting.
    SGG likes this.

Super Moderator

And for the record, I still stand for the National Anthem, I still believe in American ideals. I still love the opportunity to talk to veterans. I love to experience the outdoors. But I also support the Police AND Black Lives Matter. I keep an open mind about all other races, religions, people's. I believe there should be stricter immigration laws but I don't think we should stop it all together. My favorite song is still "The Angry American" There's things I don't support, Gay Marriage! Legalization of Drugs, Trans-Gender bathrooms. Some of things are more progressive than your generations', and some of them aren't. NFL players are trying to start a conversation, not be disrespectful, sorry it offends you, go grumble some more. Kids in highschools, like me, are starting to have these conversations because of them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    They are trying to start a conversation? I doubt that as the conversation has already been started. They are simply making their "statement" by disrespecting the flag that symbolizes the constitution and the Bills of rights that secure the right to discuss topics. The constitution and the Bill of Rights somehow offend the BLM people? Nope.

Furthermore, if those rich, privileged men who make a mint by playing a kid's game did more learning than reacting, they'd realize the BLM is a fraud in the first place. They'd learn that the notion of black people being hassled or shot by cops more than white people is a lie. Furthermore, they'd notice that most of those "newsworthy" cases of police shooting were cases of thugs with lengthy police records one again made contact with the cops in a bad way.

Am I saying each of the shootings were what I call good? Oh, heck no! Then again, I look at it from a position of training and experience and not from either locker rooms hedonistic parties for the privileged.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Two Seven One View Post
    Supposedly supports things like NFL protests starting a conversation about such topics, but then tells people here to keep their mouths closed if we don't agree with it. Interesting.
    Believe I said "keep grumbling" on multiple occasions, to take care to read the entire post. May have said "mouths closed" in the first thread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

And for the record, I still stand for the National Anthem, I still believe in American ideals. I still love the opportunity to talk to veterans. I love to experience the outdoors. But I also support the Police AND Black Lives Matter. I keep an open mind about all other races, religions, people's. I believe there should be stricter immigration laws but I don't think we should stop it all together. My favorite song is still "The Angry American" There's things I don't support, Gay Marriage! Legalization of Drugs, Trans-Gender bathrooms. Some of things are more progressive than your generations', and some of them aren't. NFL players are trying to start a conversation, not be disrespectful, sorry it offends you, go grumble some more. Kids in highschools, like me, are starting to have these conversations because of them.

So, young man, you are almost 18. In a few months hence you can put your money where your mouth is.
    March on down to the local Army recruiter. Tell him you want to sign the contract to become an 11B. (Since you already know everything, I won't have to tell you 11B is the Military Occupational Specialty number for Light Weapons Infantry )
    Then you can put your "American ideals" into action and make a real difference in the lives of others.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

As far as boycotting the NFL, I haven't bothered with the NFL in several, several years. At the risk of being called an "old man," again, I'll say decades.

I'll say this, though. There'll be no boycott. Heck, even though McDonald's thinks Handgun Control Inc. is a worthy charity, how many gun owners or 2nd amendment supporters refuse to eat that deadly garbage they call food? I know one, and he is me.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    They are trying to start a conversation? I doubt that as the conversation has already been started. They are simply making their "statement" by disrespecting the flag that symbolizes the constitution and the Bills of rights that secure the right to discuss topics. The constitution and the Bill of Rights somehow offend the BLM people? Nope.

Furthermore, if those rich, privileged men who make a mint by playing a kid's game did more learning than reacting, they'd realize the BLM is a fraud in the first place. They'd learn that the notion of black people being hassled or shot by cops more than white people is a lie. Furthermore, they'd notice that most of those "newsworthy" cases of police shooting were cases of thugs with lengthy police records one again made contact with the cops in a bad way.

Am I saying each of the shootings were what I call good? Oh, heck no! Then again, I look at it from a position of training and experience and not from either locker rooms hedonistic parties for the privileged.
    Ask them and they'll tell you they had no intention of disrespecting the flag. Sorry it triggered you bud. Also do take care to do research on BLM and those who oppose. Maybe you'll be able to pick out the radicals from the level headed people. Or maybe you'll stay single minded until you're 6ft under. I choose to look at both sides of the argument. Do you?

Believe I said "keep grumbling" on multiple occasions, to take care to read the entire post. May have said "mouths closed" in the first thread.

Yep you clearly started with we should keep our mouths closed if we don't agree, not "may have said" you clearly said it. That doesn't sound like inviting conversation to me. But I'm a bit older than 17 so what do I know? I read your posts.
    Last edited by Two Seven One; 09-20-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    So, young man, you are almost 18. In a few months hence you can put your money where your mouth is.
    March on down to the local Army recruiter. Tell him you want to sign the contract to become an 11B. (Since you already know everything, I won't have to tell you 11B is the Military Occupational Specialty number for Light Weapons Infantry )
    Then you can put your "American ideals" into action and make a real difference in the lives of others.
    I actually have strongly considered the military. They'd teach me discipline as well as job skills. Not to mention they could pay for school too. Talked with all the recruiters on career day. I'd love to tell people I served our country. I just haven't decided yet.

Cricket and Two Seven One like this.

Super Moderator

Ask them and they'll tell you they had no intention of disrespecting the flag. Sorry it triggered you bud. Also do take care to do research on BLM and those who oppose. Maybe you'll be able to pick out the radicals from the level headed people. Or maybe you'll stay single minded until you're 6ft under. I choose to look at both sides of the argument. Do you?

Uh, as a matter of fact, you are talking from a position of ignorance. I do research, which is why I know the BLM is a fraud, and is a Soros supported assault on society.

Ask them? I don't have to ask the players. All I have to do is observe.

By the way, I'm not your bud. You are not my equal or my peer.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

I DVR the games, then FF through the commercials. So the advertisers aren't getting any juice from me. But I'm not going to stop watching football. They fixed the World Series once, you going to stop watching baseball, too? Humans err.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links