Anybody else going to boycott the NFL and its advertisers> - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anybody else going to boycott the NFL and its advertisers>

This is a discussion on Anybody else going to boycott the NFL and its advertisers> within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by bigwheel Nobody is mad around here. We just gonna quit helping fund those who want to kill us old white folks..most especially ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Anybody else going to boycott the NFL and its advertisers>

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Nobody is mad around here. We just gonna quit helping fund those who want to kill us old white folks..most especially cops. We still love all the godless liberals of course. They just need to be brought under control as a person would do with a petulant child.
    I don't pay a dime to watch the NFL and they have no way of telling if I watch or not. I'm not going to punish myself for the actions of a few without a result.......
    bigwheel likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Targetshooter View Post
    I do not watch NFL , never did , I am a race car fan I love speed and go fast , I like drag racing to . In fact I like all kinds of motorsports .
    NASCAR is one big commercial that runs to the left for 3.5 hrs.

I enjoy college football the most, right now I'm watching Ole Miss blow a 21 point lead agains The Tide. 24 to 24 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd.

ROLL TIDE

Correction......27 to 24 Alabama just scored.

ROLL TIDE
    bigwheel likes this.

couldn't giver a tinker's d#$# about the nfl .
    bigwheel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    I don't pay a dime to watch the NFL and they have no way of telling if I watch or not. I'm not going to punish myself for the actions of a few without a result.......
    Unless you are watching with an antenna only they do. Those boxes provided by your cable or satellite company now send data back to the provider that shows channels watched and the time those channels are viewed. Most cable companies these days use switched digital video to save bandwidth which relays back to the provider the channel selected and at what time. So with the channel and time stamp they can indeed track what you are watching. They then can compile that data from all their users and sell it to anyone willing to pay for it including the NFL.

It's not super accurate because of the use of DVRs. When you record a program it completes the switch that is then relayed back to the cable provider as a viewed channel and at what time. However, you may never even watch that recorded program so that can skew some of the metrics.
    Last edited by Two Seven One; 09-17-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    Operator6, bigwheel and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    They aint never made a nickle off us either that can recall...other than we did go to watch the Cowboys play basketball a time or two. That costs money I think. I been drinking Bud starting when my Mama put it in my baby bottle as a young wupper snapper. Fortuantely I acquired a deep love of Lone Star in S. Texas. Then they sold it to some yankees who mesed up the recipe. Strohs or some other batch of idiots. Started finding it for five bucks a case over by the old Milwakee section. Heard somebody took it over and is making it right again. I will prob just go back to that. It gives loose bowels for a few days until the old bod becomes acclimatized. Guarantee it give a buzz a bunch faster than Bud. Everything is bigger and mo betta in Texas ya know?
    Operator6, A Watchman and 6811 like this.

I have boycotted all things NFL for the past 3 years. Ever since they would not allow DD to run an ad during the superbowl that year.
    bigwheel likes this.

Super Moderator

money grabbing snot nosed wimps.

Anyway, I'm still going to watch NFL football and college. I just love the game having grown up watching it with my grandfather who was a coach. I'm not going to let a few people that I don't agree with dictate what I enjoy watching. Like @Operator6 said, I'm not going to give up something I enjoy due to a few that want to disrespect what I believe in. That would give them the win in my opinion. With that said, I'd be in favor of the NFL stating that players that do not wish to stand during National Anthem are welcome to wait in the locker room until it is concluded.
    Last edited by Two Seven One; 09-17-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Well I am going to be shielding my eyes from it down at the Sports Grill while sipping my Lone Star and trying to figure out how to get rid of the Tundra. That thing is like driving a dump truck anyway. My classic hot rod Lexus which goes to 160 on the speed o meter is much more nimble anyway. Best not catch them advertising on there or I will get rid of it too. As a matter of fact I am fixing to go explain all this to them. They moved in just a few towns over toward Dallas.

Banned

If the cheerleaders didn't salute the flag would ya quit lookin a hot T/A ? Not me friend. I'd try to get a date with one and make her pay for it the hard way......
    Slippy likes this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links