Question - Liberal/Conservative
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Question - Liberal/Conservative within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I read an article about whether or not a liberal could be a prepper. Got me thinking - I know most people on this site ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Question - Liberal/Conservative

I read an article about whether or not a liberal could be a prepper. Got me thinking - I know most people on this site are fairly conservative.

On a scale of 1 to 100. 100 being the most conservative and 1 being the most liberal. Where would you put yourself?

I would say im a 45 on the scale. Yes, most of you would/will call me a liberal, pinkie, communist, etc based on most of the views/beliefs. I am an atheist, pro choice and pro gay marriage. I am also a big supporter of the military, gun rights, and the death penalty.

No I didnt vote for Obama, or GW Bush for that matter. Anyway, your turn now.

I would guess if you asked people to list what issues are ones Liberal are for and which one conservatives are for no two list would be the same. I guess that I am a constitutionalist as I believe we should follow the constitution even if most people are against it. Such as I believe we should be able to own any weapon used by the common soldiers as that is what the 2nd amendment meant and we had over 200 year to make changes by following the rules for change an amendment not every state having their own laws. As we have seen in Boston they have made unconstitutional rules that just bypass the constitution when they want.

The main flaw in the constitution is that they didn't specify any punishment for any official that doesn't follow it.
    Last edited by rickkyw1720pf; 04-25-2013 at 12:29 AM.

I would trend rather conservative -- probably 80 or more on your scale, but that does not translate to rigid bigotry. I am also libertarian in view of constitutionally protected and natural rights and prefer relationship to hatred.

My view on prepping is more aligned with an 1890s pre-grid level of natural sustainability than to post-apocalyptic hoarding. I figure that humanity did just fine for most of the tens of thousands of years of civilization before the oil-glutted electric economy of the past century. We have to reconnect with the land and with personal freedoms endowed by our creator where serving others is profitable.
    punch likes this.
    Check out the United Christian Off-Road Alliance -- Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I guess when you consider that in my opinion John McCain is a RINO and about as much a liberal as Ted Kennedy...I would have to rate my self somewheres in the neighborhood of 90% Conservative as I can meet Liberals in the middle for one issue and one issue only and even thats is up for some debate. I guess that makes me a right wing neo-con nut job by most folks standards, huh?
    inceptor likes this.

I'm a fiscally conservative, socially liberal, small "L" libertarian. I'm a strict constitutionalist that gages all acts of government by how it infringes on individual liberty. Most of the Dem v. Rep and Lib v. Con is hyped up hogwash. Neither side of the aisle has our best interests foremost in their minds and hearts.

Think for yourself...while it's still legal to do so.
    Doc Holliday and jc-hunter like this.

110 percent Christian conservative, I put in the extra 10% as I believe we have granted some rights and privaledges that should be taken away. When everything is black and white and you are a bible believing Christian every thing makes more sense.
    ekim, Pir8fan, Blademaker and 3 others like this.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

Honestly, I may not quite grasp the concept of what "conservative" and "liberal" are, so correct me if I'm wrong...

I've always wondered where I stood in the great scheme of things label wise.. I'd have to guess at 80% conservative??

I tend to straddle the fence on a social issue or two. I'm against gay marriage, and where abortion is concerned I don't totally agree with it, but I can see cases where it's necessary, but not as a form of birth control.

And DAMNED SKIPPY I support our constitutional rights, along with the death penalty!

Where the death penalty is concerned, I don't think we use it often enough. It pisses me off to no end for someone to sit on death row for years sucking us dry just so he can exhaust his right to appeal. He infringed on his victims rights, I say let's infringe on his rights and just end it. I am not a bleeding heart and have no sympathy on those that have made the choice to take someone's life or rights away, once your caught and it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that your the guilty one, let's be done with it.

I guess I'm fairly conservative, I try to follow the good book and believe it should guide our lives. I believe in capitol punishment, but here in ILLINOIS, we've had so many innocent people convicted by bad or even fraudulent evidence, or suspects being beaten and tortured until they confess to a crime they didn't commit by cops that are "just doing my duty". I fell to many people are taking the free ride for everything they can. I guess they have misunderstood JFK's statement about, "...ask not what your country can do for you, but rather what can you do for the [our] country". I think the education system is pushing a very, very liberal agenda instead of teaching what is really needed. The term statesman will never fit any of the people in DC or at my state capitol. I find it disgusting how the people we elect to represent and serve us have become elitists and now think we are there to serve them instead. It as if we have come full circle and these politicians are now the monarchy our founding fathers fought against in revolutionary War. I firmly believe the Constitution is more than a guide for government, but we've all seen how that has changed to suit the whim of the government. And don't get me started about His Royal Hiny, Bloomberg.:mad:

Ok, I'm off my soap box, my bad!

I would be about a 50% since on some things I'm liberal others conservative. However the current conservative party known as the GOP in this country would call a Eisenhower, Nixon or Reagan, a RHINO also since they are as far removed from a conservative as I am from the far left.

Most of the liberals that I know have a profound belief that the government will take care of them. They can't envision any scenario in which the government would be incapable of doing so despite what all of us saw during Katrina. For that reason, they take few steps to prepare to take care of themselves. As far as my own philosophy, I'm conservative on social issues and very conservative on fiscal issues. I view liberalism as the root of many of the problems this country faces from out of control government spending to an erosion of the morals of this nation.
    Last edited by Pir8fan; 04-25-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    inceptor and LunaticFringeInc like this.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor - Personal Protection in the Home
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links