Why Do Women’s Sports Even Exist? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why Do Women’s Sports Even Exist?

This is a discussion on Why Do Women’s Sports Even Exist? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Panchito You have a lot of ball knowledge! In coed slowpitch.. they alternate men's and women's balls based on the hitter's gender...... ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Why Do Women’s Sports Even Exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Panchito View Post
    You have a lot of ball knowledge!
    In coed slowpitch.. they alternate men's and women's balls based on the hitter's gender...... does that make any sense???
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    In coed slowpitch.. they alternate men's and women's balls based on the hitter's gender...... does that make any sense???
    No, because the player fielding the ball doesn't get the same special consideration. Duh!
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Fast pitch 11-inch balls have a higher compression than slow-pitch 11-inch balls and are used by boys' and girls' fast pitch teams when the players are 10 years old or younger. The 11-inch slow pitch ball is used by women's slow-pitch teams, women's senior teams, coed teams when a woman is up to bat, and all youth slow pitch teams, according to the ASA. Men do not use the 11-inch ball in regulation play, except when fielding for a female batter.

12-Inch Softballs

Most softball players are familiar with 12-inch softballs. A softball 12 inches in diameter is required for regulation play by men's fast pitch softball teams, including senior men's fast pitch teams and boys' youth fast pitch teams. It is also used by women's fast pitch softball teams and girls' youth fast pitch teams. The balls are also used in modified fast pitch games, but the ASA requires modified games to use 12-inch balls with modified compression..

so.. most state's slow-pitch rules call for a women's 11 inch and men's 12 inch.....
    Name:  diameter.png
Views: 118
Size:  28.8 KB

Me thinks... no.

I have never seen a softball that had an 11 or 12 inch diameter. Kickballs yes, softballs no.

possibly you were looking for "circumference"
    Last edited by Jakthesoldier; 08-18-2016 at 06:56 PM.
    Hidden Content

My accommodation of your incompetence does not make you right.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jakthesoldier View Post
    Name:  diameter.png
Views: 118
Size:  28.8 KB

Me thinks... no.

I have never seen a softball that had an 11 or 12 inch diameter. Kickballs yes, softballs no.

possibly you were looking for "circumference"
    yes... was a copy and paste....Women's Vs. Men's Softball Size | LIVESTRONG.COM
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    The question and subsequent answer has nothing to do with equality. Men and women are specifically designed to be different. Each creatively equipped with their own strengths and weaknesses. Sports teach life skills for use in all of one's endeavors, such as: how to win, how to lose, how to compete, how to set goals, how to achieve, how to be grateful, how to be humble .......... for both Men and Women.

I have 2 boys and 1 girl with 5 years of age between each one. I have invested a long running agenda of having participated in their weekend sporting competitions. The investment has been worth it.
    Agreed and well said. And what @tango said!
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Around here slow pitch is just called slow pitch, Softball is fast pitch.

Banned

As a kid we played corkball. Used a cork ball and a broomstick. If you could hit the cork you could hit anything.

I learned from a man who played ball with Hank Aaron.

I always sorta enjoyed the ladies bikini volleyball..but a guy told me the other day..they are making them wear leotards nowadays. No use to watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I found this to be an interesting read. I see the same value in girls and women's sports as I do for boys and men when it comes to fostering discipline, team work and having fun, but the bigger point of the article can not be denied. I teach my Daughters that it is great to strive to do whatever you want to do and to have goals, but that we will find our limitations. My how certain I was as a lad that I would be playing shortstop for the MN Twins.

This stood out to me to illustrate their point.

Articles: Why Do Women?s Sports Even Exist?
    We will see how long before transgender is allowed in and we see women's world records shattered to never be beaten by any thing but another tranny. Or the quota system for team sports. Affirmative action 2.0.

Imagine womens wrestling or boxing...with a tranny fighting a woman.

Oh and by the way, there needs to be a constant check to make sure they don't get to go back and forth between tranny and normal mode and take advantage of both.

We already see it in womens lacrosse in North Carolina...best female player is a male tranny.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    bigwheel and RedLion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by New guy 101 View Post
    We will see how long before transgender is allowed in and we see women's world records shattered to never be beaten by any thing but another tranny. Or the quota system for team sports. Affirmative action 2.0.

Imagine womens wrestling or boxing...with a tranny fighting a woman.

Oh and by the way, there needs to be a constant check to make sure they don't get to go back and forth between tranny and normal mode and take advantage of both.

We already see it in womens lacrosse in North Carolina...best female player is a male tranny.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Good point ..... of course a "lady" can take steroids and other enhancements until she gets to a point that she has altered her God given physical make - up. Take for instance Cris Cyborg who presently fights in the MMA and wants a shot at UFC's Rousey. Take a look and judge for your self.

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com
    bigwheel likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links