Top 10 States for Worst Drivers - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Top 10 States for Worst Drivers

This is a discussion on Top 10 States for Worst Drivers within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by darsk20 I don't back in but I do pull through whenever possible. Makes leaving so much easier. Sent from my SM-G900V using ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Top 10 States for Worst Drivers

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by darsk20 View Post
    I don't back in but I do pull through whenever possible. Makes leaving so much easier.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    This makes sense. I do that as well.

Sent from Tapatalk (aka Uranus, not to be confused with the Anus' at Survivalist Board)
    Michael_Js and Denton like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I back into parking spots all of the time. It makes sense to me to have the ability to leave as quickly as possible. I also back into my garage. Most folks in my region do not do this. Never know when the zombie apocoplypse will hit and you need a clear run through the horde.
    I'd rather back over the zombies. Less chance of engine damage. You know, like they do in demolition derbies.

Sent from Tapatalk (aka Uranus, not to be confused with the Anus' at Survivalist Board)
    RedLion and Denton like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I'd rather back over the zombies. Less chance of engine damage. You know, like they do in demolition derbies.

Makes hanging the shotgun out the window to shoot while running over said horde more difficult your way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SecretPrepper View Post
    That's what I asked. I was told that statistics say no. They said that you look at the place you are going to park before backing in and that your attention is higher. They went on blah, blah, blah for a while and I gave up on the topic.
    When you are "combat parking" (as we called it in the army) you can see all around.

When you are backing out of a spot, you can't see what is coming. Especially with today's distracted car herders, there is no guarantee others will notice your car backing out.

Invariably, I get flanked by large pickups and have no idea what is behind me when I simply drive straight into a spot.
    RedLion and Michael_Js like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    When you are "combat parking" (as we called it in the army) you can see all around.

When you are backing out of a spot, you can't see what is coming. Especially with today's distracted car herders, there is no guarantee others will notice your car backing out.

Invariably, I get flanked by large pickups and have no idea what is behind me when I simply drive straight into a spot.
    I literally can not tell you how many accidents that I have prevented other drivers from getting into due to my situational awareness and extra effort. Of course these accidents would have been with me if not for efforts.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Another thing that increases the likelihood of a traffic incident is driving mindlessly in the left lane. Again, your field of vision is lessened. Next time you are driving, get in the left lane and look at your right hand side view mirror. Then, go to the right lane and look behind you with the left hand side view mirror. Which gives you a better field a vision?
    Michael_Js likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I always back in to a parking spot, unless I know I need access to the hatch to unload or load. I can back in almost as fast as most people front in. IMHO, it's the way to park. 😃

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Denton and inceptor like this.

I only back in if no one else is near. I don't trust someone to wait and/or know what my intentions are.

I do not park "backwards" in slanted parking lots either; I can't stand it when cars leave a parking lot traveling the wrong direction. I usually let the parking retarded figure out how to get past me when I have the right of way.
    Denton likes this.
    Instead of saying "I don't have time," try saying "It's not a priority," and see how that feels. ~Laura Vanderkam

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Still doesn't make sense to me. Aren't you just as likely to hit something backing in as you are back out?

Interestingly enough, you are less likely to hit something backing in then backing out... so much so that many companies that have a fleet of pickups,,, oil and gas companies, require workers to back in
    Sasquatch, inceptor and Michael_Js like this.
    Be a Berean

Another poll ..... its only as good as the data gatherer and his agenda.
    Sasquatch and SGG like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links