Preppers Pop Quiz
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Preppers Pop Quiz

This is a discussion on Preppers Pop Quiz within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Ok fellow preppers, now I know we are all different, but please play along as I'm just curious and doing some home work, The question ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Preppers Pop Quiz

Preppers Pop Quiz

Ok fellow preppers, now I know we are all different, but please play along as I'm just curious and doing some home work,

The question is this quiz is:

You have just been given $2,000 in cash. You don't need this money for any normal living expenses, retirement,
    or anything else and in fact its best put to being better prepared. However you need to take some action with it
    and that gives you a multiple choice selection:

1) Keep it in an envelope in the mattress or some other safe place (figuratively) in cash?
    2) Buy a used pick up truck or SUV because all you have a is a car.
    3) Buy a Springfield M1A, 5 magazine and 500 rounds of ammo because you have no firearm like that,
    4) Buy one gold American Eagle 1 oz coins and 10 Morgan silver dollars, because you have no PMs,
    5) Buy 5 acres of bug out rural property close to a stream with some arable "spots" to grow on
    because without it you have no place to retreat too but home and bugging in doesn't look good.

Which of those five would you choose - please note the reason behind each - not necessarily your position.

My answer FYI on all of those was all five - over different periods of time I'm just curious which ONE
    would you hit first under the circumstances?
    Last edited by Ripon; 03-21-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Hands down #5. And if you tell me where I can get 5 acres for 2 grand, then I'd be all over that.

And of course it all depends on your situation as well as what you personally feel will increase or decrease in value. Personally, the land would be my first grab for that kind of money.

1. Not cash
    2. Have a Jeep
    3. Have a 30-06
    4. Cant' eat coins
    5. Johnny we have a winner. The main prep I want is a BOL that I can call my own. Garden and pistol range first, then the sky is the limit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Number 5, I have cash in hand right now where is it at and it's a done deal.

Yo Denver thanks for playing but this was a quiz not about your position in life but the authors.
    Each answer was followed by their particular situation - which doesn't match yours

Quote Originally Posted by Denver View Post
    1. Not cash
    2. Have a Jeep
    3. Have a 30-06
    4. Cant' eat coins
    5. Johnny we have a winner. The main prep I want is a BOL that I can call my own. Garden and pistol range first, then the sky is the limit.

Come on guys getting 5 acres for 2k isn't that hard - maybe in your neck of the woods but I've seen 5 acre parcels in my area for 1400/1800 dollars
    and yes there are creeks, springs and in fact you gotta be care ful with some - they are under water a few times a year. (its desert land but much of it
    is arable)

Quote Originally Posted by Ripon View Post
    Come on guys getting 5 acres for 2k isn't that hard - maybe in your neck of the woods but I've seen 5 acre parcels in my area for 1400/1800 dollars
    and yes there are creeks, springs and in fact you gotta be care ful with some - they are under water a few times a year. (its desert land but much of it
    is arable)
    In the Area that I am looking at where I live, quarter acer size lots are going for 10k to 15k. a guy I work with just sold a acer out in the sticks for almost 100k and it was empty lot. Most land in Idaho is going for a premium right now........

Quote Originally Posted by Ripon View Post
    is arable)
    You can't buy 1 acre here for $2000 not that I would buy it anyway but it'd be nice if property were that cheap here. If there were 5 acres in a convenient bug out location for 2k I'd jump on it. By convenient I mean it needs to be a driveable distance, I'd want to be able to get there in a hurry.

-Infidel

If society falls apart - cash is worthless - actually is isn't worth much now lol. I have plenty of guns/ammo, a bug out vehicle, silver coins.

I would stay on my property/house as long as possible, but I would want the land for a bug out location and hunting on the weekends.

So I would purchase the land.

I am prepared enough that I would just keep it in cash, if I thought the buying land was a reasonable option in Kentucky I would add another $10k to it. I know a lot of preppers are against keeping cash but since you never know what is to come having 2k in cash could be a life saver. If the electrical grid or a cyber attach (one shut all the banks down in South Korea) happened, that 2k in cash would help you buy things that would be the most useful for that particular SHTF event.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links