Time to Buy - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Time to Buy

This is a discussion on Time to Buy within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I didn't say obamacare was repealed. I said this congress voted to repeal it. The House of Represntatives is often referred to as this "congress" ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Time to Buy

I didn't say obamacare was repealed. I said this congress voted to repeal it. The House of Represntatives is often referred to as this "congress" however the senate did not adopt it and obama wouldn't repeal his own name sake. I merely pointed that out to illustrate "this congress" won't be adding taxes to your firearms purchases (ammo, guns, otherwise). This congress has been doing a decent job of holding the line on new taxes and will probably continue to do so. So yes please feel free to copy and save this all you want. Now what your legislature in KY is capable of doing - I have no idea. That isn't "our congress" that is "your legislature" and I'll bet mine is worse than yours.

Not everyone lives in KY. Where I live if I purchase a modern firearm from a private person I must do a transfer through a licensed dealer, pay a $35 fee and be subject to a back ground check. The only guns I can purchase that are not registered in this way must be over 50 years old. So where you live - it might be feasible to enjoy such a purchase from a private party but where I live it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    I'm sure the leo's/government will accept that answer/excuse. I never said break any laws, I said buy from a private party. It happens everywhere it seems, even our government sells to private people and that appears to be legal?

The "universal" background check did not make it through our state legislature. The only two "gun" bills that did were "harsher penalties for those using guns in a crime", a ruling that those "named on a restraining order have to turn over their guns until it is lifted" and tougher law on "reporting mentally ill patients that pose a risk to themselves or others". All in all, pretty good legislation in my book.

Now, if we can write enough letters to the feds to keep them from passing any objectionable gun legislation we would be set for another year or two.

jc-hunter likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links