Christian Warriors... or... When to NOT turn the other cheek - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Christian Warriors... or... When to NOT turn the other cheek

This is a discussion on Christian Warriors... or... When to NOT turn the other cheek within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Makotoseven There is nothing humble about letting your family be victims when you could have prevented it. 1 Timothy talks about the ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Christian Warriors... or... When to NOT turn the other cheek

Quote Originally Posted by Makotoseven View Post
    There is nothing humble about letting your family be victims when you could have prevented it.
    1 Timothy talks about the qualifications to be a pastor. I think all Christian men should examine this and it certainly covers providing for your family in a SHTF situation as well.

I've always just assumed that the vast majority of Christians were the "peace first" or "turn the other cheek" types and always thought I was just different. I've considered myself unusual in that I wouldn't hesitate a microsecond to kill someone who was threatening myself or my family.
    I don't think it's unusual at all. In my experience Christians are always the first people, not the last, to cheer a war; they are also (again, in my experience) among the first to resort to violence or to wish violence upon those they hate, and they hate often and easily. I'm not saying other faiths don't have similar problems, and I'm not saying that these qualities are necessarily "problems" all the time (violence, and even hate, can be justified), but the Christians I have met who actually shun violence are very few and far between.

im a huge believer and an active seeker of HIS face. im pretty groovey about everything, but definately an infadel. im super nice and am not a right fighter. i have a different way about me.
    i feel god has put it in my heart and thoughts to be ready... so i do as im urged.
    inceptor likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    And He sure didn't like the money changers and various others who were defiling His Father's temple.
    And the definitive word in that sentence is "temple". Many in our church have used that as a bludgeon against all capitalism. I do not believe Jesus was against making money any more than he was against self-preservation. But I believe he was strongly against making money at the expense of faith.

As a side note: If we keep going down this path you guys are going to force me to re-read Martin Luther's "Bondage of the Will", which I have not read in almost 20 years (but should). :smile:

Look up cleansing of the temple. Jesus made a whip from cords and used it to remove the bankers/lenders from the temple. Far from what I would call a turn the other cheek kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by burkecj View Post
    I don't think it's unusual at all. In my experience Christians are always the first people, not the last, to cheer a war; they are also (again, in my experience) among the first to resort to violence or to wish violence upon those they hate, and they hate often and easily. I'm not saying other faiths don't have similar problems, and I'm not saying that these qualities are necessarily "problems" all the time (violence, and even hate, can be justified), but the Christians I have met who actually shun violence are very few and far between.
    Are you out of your mind?!?!

The last war that was waged in the "name of Christianity" ended in 1291 with the last Crusade. I guess you could say the American Revolution had a religious component to it since the British Bishops refused to ordain any American Bishops and that would have spelled the end of the Anglican Church in America. But they solved that one without bloodshed.

So tell me, was it Catholics that drove airplanes into the World Trade Center on 9/11? How about those Methodists that blew up the Pentagon the same day? Was it Lutherans that shot up Ft Hood? But I guess it was a Christian that blew up Oklahoma City - OOPS! He was a devout ATHEIST! But, I am sure you will say the Buddhists and Shintos are the great peace-loving people - Tell that to the family of the Pearl Harbor victims. But the Hindus - yeah, ask somebody that was in India in 1948 and watched them (literally) chop the heads off the separatists.

But coming in at #1 in the "all time hit parade of murderous thugs" is:... The Atheists and the agnostics. Yep - your guys Mao, Stalin and Hitler murdered more people than all of the other despots of history combined. Of course that does not include the Khmer Rouge, Castro, Che or any of your other lesser known heroes. (Do you have a Che T-Shrit? If not, you should get one; all the hipsters have them.)

Are American Christians pissed? You bet we are! Europe has gone mostly secular (including Rome). Central America is a cesspool. This is/was the only place we had left on the planet where we could practice our faith the way we wanted to - without interference from you or the government. Now idiots like you try to lay a guilt trip on us for our beliefs? Eff you Jack!!!!

Are you out of your mind?!?!

The last war that was waged in the "name of Christianity" ended in 1291 with the last Crusade. I guess you could say the American Revolution had a religious component to it since the British Bishops refused to ordain any American Bishops and that would have spelled the end of the Anglican Church in America. But they solved that one without bloodshed.

So tell me, was it Catholics that drove airplanes into the World Trade Center on 9/11? How about those Methodists that blew up the Pentagon the same day? Was it Lutherans that shot up Ft Hood? But I guess it was a Christian that blew up Oklahoma City - OOPS! He was a devout ATHEIST! But, I am sure you will say the Buddhists and Shintos are the great peace-loving people - Tell that to the family of the Pearl Harbor victims. But the Hindus - yeah, ask somebody that was in India in 1948 and watched them (literally) chop the heads off the separatists.

But coming in at #1 in the "all time hit parade of murderous thugs" is:... The Atheists and the agnostics. Yep - your guys Mao, Stalin and Hitler murdered more people than all of the other despots of history combined. Of course that does not include the Khmer Rouge, Castro, Che or any of your other lesser known heroes. (Do you have a Che T-Shrit? If not, you should get one; all the hipsters have them.)
    No offense, but it sounds like you have an axe to grind here, and it sounds like these were canned talking points, the kind that pop up in internet "debate" forums and chain emails from time to time. Comes with the territory, I guess. Anyway, maybe you're comfortable lumping complete strangers in with Mao and Stalin just because they have an opinion that's different from yours. I don't treat strangers that way, even if I think I might disagree with them, and I'm not into the "worldview peeing contest" game. But to each his own. We all have our hobbies. If anything, it speaks to the point: running head-first and saying "eff you" to somebody you don't even know, no questions asked. Very Christian.

Would anyone here, especially veterans, actually disagree that Christians are the first and loudest in supporting our more recent wars? I doubt it. Now do a thought experiment. Try to imagine your average evangelical congregation in the United States. Now imagine what the average member of that congregation would wish upon your average homosexual, immigrant, Muslim, etc... is "peaceful" the first word that comes to mind?

Yeah. Didn't think so.

No offense, but it sounds like you have an axe to grind here, and it sounds like these were canned talking points, the kind that pop up in internet "debate" forums and chain emails from time to time. Comes with the territory, I guess. Anyway, maybe you're comfortable lumping complete strangers in with Mao and Stalin just because they have an opinion that's different from yours. I don't treat strangers that way, even if I think I might disagree with them, and I'm not into the "worldview peeing contest" game. But to each his own. We all have our hobbies. If anything, it speaks to the point: running head-first and saying "eff you" to somebody you don't even know, no questions asked. Very Christian.
    You were the one stating " In my experience Christians are always the first people, not the last, to cheer a war; they are also (again, in my experience) among the first to resort to violence or to wish violence upon those they hate, and they hate often and easily." She answers you statement and you call her a hater.

She points out realities and you call her a hater. I know a self proclaimed pagan who does the same thing. This person also stated that Christians are the 1st to be violent. I guess Inor should have had the decency not to muddy the argument with facts.

Would anyone here, especially veterans, actually disagree that Christians are the first and loudest in supporting our more recent wars? I doubt it. Now do a thought experiment. Try to imagine your average evangelical congregation in the United States. Now imagine what the average member of that congregation would wish upon your average homosexual, immigrant, Muslim, etc... is "peaceful" the first word that comes to mind?

Yeah. Didn't think so.
    So it's Christians that are calling for a holy war against all infidels? Hmmm... Was that Billy Graham that preached all non-believers need to be converted or killed? All this time I thought those beliefs came from the Quoran, so your saying this is actually from the Bible?

Yeah, lumping strangers in with Mao and Stalin is mean. Those strangers that flew planes into the WTC and the Pentagon were nothing more than people pushed by those evil Christians. Same with the people who attacked the Cole. McVay was pushed by Christians. Soooo many examples of evil deeds by Christians. Maybe Obama was correct when he said that there are many who cling to guns and Bibles. Evil, mean people.
    Inor likes this.

The Good Cop

Yeah. Didn't think so.
    You obviously know nothing about the Christian faith.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Now do a thought experiment. Try to imagine your average evangelical congregation in the United States. Now imagine what the average member of that congregation would wish upon your average homosexual, immigrant, Muslim, etc... is "peaceful" the first word that comes to mind?
    Yep - Just last Sunday our Pastor gave a 20 minute sermon titled: "Don't let them funny-soundin' queer feriners into your house to redecorate your livingroom!"

What color is the sky in your world?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links