vehicle hardening?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

vehicle hardening?

This is a discussion on vehicle hardening? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; so im reading " One second after " and i'm wondering. how to harden my B.O.V.. Its a 1985 K5 Blazer.?...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: vehicle hardening?

vehicle hardening?

so im reading " One second after " and i'm wondering. how to harden my B.O.V.. Its a 1985 K5 Blazer.?

Get a jeep than the possibilities are endless haha just bugging have you dun any mods to it yet? I'd first got with a big steel bumper with a winch never know when you are going to have to push a car out of your way or pull your self out of some shit that's what I would do fist any ways than get in to off rode lights lift and tiers but that's just me

Lifting this week!! Got 36's for it and I'm a welder so I'm starting the build of exterior roll cage and roof rack. I've designed a kinda rack that's a lot like the horizon 4x4 trailer. Gonna build a large steel bumper out of a large abrasion resistant steel bumper with a type of cow catcher on hydraulics. I build but tables and angle line and drill machines so the options are limitless.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I think you might mean "hardening" against EMP? The easy way is to just get a spare electronic igniition modual and a spare computer (maybe) and put the spares in a faraday cage to protect them. Have a mech teach you (if you dont know) how to change out the fried one after the EMP. I may be wrong , but maybe someone else could comment.

yeah,
    i was talking EMP.

I own a 83 blazer and all I did was put a points distributor on it and it is emp proof, it has no computer. I'm not completely sure the HEI ignition would suffer in a EMP but I rebuilt a 350 4 bolt from a 69 Camero and it had one so I used it.

On your 85 you would need to replace the throttle body injection with a carberator and new intake manifold as well.

That's a way to completely bypass the electronics problems, faraday the computer and distributor for barter later.
    jc-hunter likes this.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

Get rid of anything that uses IC (Integrated circuits.) Only robust electronics like electric motors, heavy cable, will survive.

Also I saw on Mythbusters that phone books stuffed in the doors works for bullet proofing, might wanna check out that episode. They tested it and everything, I think only high powered rifles were able to penetrate.
    JPARIZ likes this.

Wouldn't an EMP take out the condenser, alternator and battery?

Quote Originally Posted by scott-g View Post
    so im reading " One second after " and i'm wondering. how to harden my B.O.V.. Its a 1985 K5 Blazer.?
    The best thing to do is to take the body off then bolt it on a Ford Bronco chassis. It's bad enough that it looks like a Chevy but no reason it needs to run like one.
    I don't trust a government that doesn't trust me with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by JPARIZ View Post
    The best thing to do is to take the body off then bolt it on a Ford Bronco chassis. It's bad enough that it looks like a Chevy but no reason it needs to run like one.
    That's a whole other topic..... Go Chevy. now back on topic, when it comes to EMP I am for sure not in the know but you being a welder the possibilities are endless. I have a Jeep Cherokee XJ in the garage that is missing me something bad. its a project I got going that I think is going to take way longer than I want. working on turning into my out in the wild truck. Keep us updated on your progress for it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links