Will creative people fair better?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Will creative people fair better? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; In a less than ideal situation, do creative people have an edge? Those who create and come up with innovation are usually outside the box ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Will creative people fair better?

In a less than ideal situation, do creative people have an edge? Those who create and come up with innovation are usually outside the box more often than not during normal times. When the world steps out side the box would this inclination to creative or innovate help or hinder them?

I can see it both ways and think that overall the creative type would probably fair better than most. I have a hunch they see the world differently than the average person and that could be a plus...or not...lol

I guess when I think of "creative" I think "artist" who - no - will not have an edge. Now if you think of creative as the person
    who figures out how to make the best beer and whiskey with the limited resources available - yeah - that dude will do allright.

Beer and Whiskey....lol
    Thats exactly the person I was thinking about...the one that can see potential where others don't and can make it happen...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have no doubt that creative people would come out ahead. Seen it first hand on some of the ingenious ways off road riders came up with to get home, from pinching off a broken brake line with a vice grips and hooking several batteries together to weld. Many people who have seen that armored vehicle that DHS purchased think how could we ever defend against something like that, a group of creative people will look at that and say we need to make one of those.

Creativity is the major part of my SHTF plan, I truly believe that if I can hold out for a month I will be able to come up with what I need.
    Last edited by rickkyw1720pf; 03-15-2013 at 07:25 PM.

I think if you look at history, . . . it is the creative persons who have advanced, . . . non creative did the status quo thing, . . . and it didn't work out so well for them.

For example: Russian ingenuity ends with sattelites, . . . German ingenuity sank with the Bismark, . . . English ingenuity sits atop some dungeon with the queen mother, . . . Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese ingenuity is simply "monkey see, . . . monkey do", . . . French ingenuity ends once the wine is bottled.

American ingenuity: telephone, telegraph, television, (tell a woman), computers and computing, the most advanced ships on the seas, the most advanced aircraft in the sky, and several trips to the moon and back, safely. There are many, many more also, . . . but these are the ones everyone knows about.

Yes, . . . creative people built the one nation almost everyone else wants to get into or be at least a trading partner with, . . . the USA.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Depends on how the person is creative. If they see stuff that takes a long time, multiple millions/billions to develop, I say no, they aren't useful for SHTF scenarios, but if their ideas are easy, quick, simple, then yes

Quote Originally Posted by Ripon View Post
    I guess when I think of "creative" I think "artist" who - no - will not have an edge. Now if you think of creative as the person
    who figures out how to make the best beer and whiskey with the limited resources available - yeah - that dude will do allright.
    Well said. The artist type will fail the blacksmith will survive . Yes different types of creative
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Well said. The artist type will fail the blacksmith will survive . Yes different types of creative
    I agree at least at first but once there is some type of organization I think there will be a place for others with skills in painting, singing and storytelling. History shows that in bad times there was a place for traveling artist like the Troubadours and Trobairitz in the middle ages, but yes if things get to bad like the black plague that ended the traveling Troubadours the that type of skill wouldn't be of much use.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post

American ingenuity: telephone, telegraph, television, (tell a woman), computers and computing, the most advanced ships on the seas, the most advanced aircraft in the sky, and several trips to the moon and back, safely. There are many, many more also, . . . but these are the ones everyone knows about.

Yes, . . . creative people built the one nation almost everyone else wants to get into or be at least a trading partner with, . . . the USA.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Unfortunately, they have bred a lot of creativity out of people in the US. There are some but not nearly as many as their used to be. That's one of the reasons we are losing the innovative products to other countries. Well, except for China, they just steal what they want.

I can remember a time when something said made in Japan, you knew it was cheap stuff, including cars. Now the Japanese control many markets and own a decent portion of our debt.

Crap I thought I would pass this one by but....

Creative people have a imaginative thought process.

Innovative people introduce new things or methods.

IMO the innovative will rule, it isn't the person that dreams how something can be done but the one that puts it into action.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links