Favorite stores to shop? Food, tools, toys?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Favorite stores to shop? Food, tools, toys? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; what are your favorite spots to shop for prepping? I am a sucker for dollar stores. Great deals on candles, matches, band aids, and other ...

what are your favorite spots to shop for prepping? I am a sucker for dollar stores. Great deals on candles, matches, band aids, and other crap like that.

Dollar stores. eBay. Walmart camping section. Bass pro. Turners.

Banned

Northern Supply CO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Amazon.com, Cheapterthandirt.com are some cheap but good online outlets.

Locally, out here in CA, Big5 is a fantastic store that sells all things outdoors for great prices.

The usual... Wal-mart, Dollar General, Dollar Tree. I'll sometimes change up my shopping and hit some different stores and buy sale items if needed.

I order a lot of stuff online directly from the manufacturers' e-stores. I usually wait for holiday sales, where you can get 20% discounts or better. I buy ammo locally to avoid shipping costs.

For outdoorsman supplies, I use Cabela's (wait for sales), Sportsman's Warehouse (same thing), and Academy Outdoors, along with local gun stores and outfitters.

For outdoors supplies, I like Tractor Supply, Northern Tool, Lowe's, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart. I occasionally use Dollar stores, but usually just buy what is on sale on their weekly flyers that I may need.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepperThyAngus View Post
    Amazon.com, Cheapterthandirt.com are some cheap but good online outlets.

Locally, out here in CA, Big5 is a fantastic store that sells all things outdoors for great prices.
    I once loved cheaperthandirt.com but I will never buy so much as a bore brush from them ever again after the way they have price gouged.

The Good Cop

Not too many choices out here in the hinterland unless you are willing to drive 30 miles or more, one way.
    In our one stoplight town we have: Ace Hardware, NAPA Auto Supply, Family Dollar, Dollar General, Winn Dixie Supermarket. Oh, and one gun/hunting store.
    That's it.
    The Ace Hardware in the next town down the line, 16 miles, sells guns and ammo too!.
    Nearest Tractor Supply is in the next county - 30+ miles. It's brand new, we used to have to go into another state (Georgia).
    Nearest WalMart is on the other side of our county - 36 miles one way.

My wife hates malls as much as I do, thank goodness. We enjoy the peace and quiet where we live.
    Besides, with on-line shopping FEDEX and UPS brings it right to the farm and drops it over the gate.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Sponsored Links