Frugile Preppers
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Frugile Preppers

This is a discussion on Frugile Preppers within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'm a frugile prepper, I like to purchase items that have a multitude of purposes/uses all wrapped up in one items. Mine is Dental Floss: ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Kidzthinkimahoarder
  • 1 Post By JPARIZ
  • 1 Post By Rigged for Quiet
  • 1 Post By Verteidiger

Thread: Frugile Preppers

Frugile Preppers

I'm a frugile prepper, I like to purchase items that have a multitude of purposes/uses all wrapped up in one items.

Mine is Dental Floss:

Can be used for shoes laces, to sew buttons back on, ties, cut food with, sew clothing back together, fishing line, repair fishing nets, repair tents and the list goes on. It's small, takes up less space and you can tape a few needles on the edge of the pack or even fishing hooks and to put in your purse, truck, BOB...wherever you need it for emergency uses..

What's your multiple use item?
    oswegoscott likes this.

M16-A1... Also used for dental floss, fishing, removing buttons, breaking glass. Even works for defense, hunting, quieting loud radios, door stop, walking stick, keep out sign and a variety of other uses.

I agree with the OP. Dental Floss can serve a multitude of purposes, and can be found on the cheap at discount stores.

Just don't leave it out at my house. There seems to be paranormal creature who collects it.......

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The most interesting use for dental floss is when it is used to sew up the bellies of ballyhoo baitfish when fishing offshore for marlin, tuna and other pelagic fish. The guy who taught me how it is done goes marlin fishing all the time. He walked the bait out into the spread behind the boat and we had a blue marlin hooked in about ten seconds. Things you never forget....

Dental floss coated with toothpaste is the most common method for cutting bars in jails & prisons. It works remarkably well! Years ago when smoking was common in jail ashes & water made a nice paste to fill the holes in the bars after cutting. Inmates are clever creatures. If only they used their talents for goodness not evil. ;^)

Sponsored Links