How will you turn Friends away....this is a hard one. - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How will you turn Friends away....this is a hard one.

This is a discussion on How will you turn Friends away....this is a hard one. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; The thought of my boys having to do without in anyway would kill me..I'd starve myself first before they did without food....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: How will you turn Friends away....this is a hard one.

The thought of my boys having to do without in anyway would kill me..I'd starve myself first before they did without food.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Long ago and far away I learned not to let anyone become a good friend and get close to me.
    Today I have aquaintances, but only one neighbor would rise to the level of me sharing stuff with - and it just so happens he's an old Southeast Asia hand himself. Imagine that!
    We all tried that but someone always seems to sneak past the radar.
    I don't trust a government that doesn't trust me with a gun.

I'm pretty good at saying "get off my lawn" so most who didn't bother to prep are SOL. Kids who had no choice is another matter. I'd give up my last square of TP & cup of coffee for a kid. And yes, I've made provisions for that.
    I don't trust a government that doesn't trust me with a gun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I'm new to this forum and find it comforting that there are people out there who even consider this sort of thing. Most are so worried about American Idol or paying their next debt induced bill. Sorry for the sidebar. Just felt an actual sense of calm reading this thread. Hope some of y'all are my neighbors.

Most of my friends know I'm into guns, most don't know about my other preparations. I do encourage them to consider what they have and how long it wouldn't last and to get the basics at least.

The notion from the movies is that there is some ultimately armed and prepared loaner who can make it on his own. Such a fantasy. That guy is going to fall asleep, get sick, get injured, have bad luck strike and so on. You need at least a small group to pull security, have different skill sets together, provide psychological motivation, provide force multiplication if you have to defend yourselves. Of course there are down sides to banding together but there are far more benefits.

That being said I need to connect closely to more like minded people.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links