maybe im just crazy
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

maybe im just crazy

This is a discussion on maybe im just crazy within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I got a neibor who works for bills. barely make ends meet. I must have something cos people just tell me their problems and well ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: maybe im just crazy

maybe im just crazy

I got a neibor who works for bills. barely make ends meet. I must have something cos people just tell me their problems and well i listen if i have advice then i say something.i sugested to just stop paying credit card bills and focus on their basic needs.one thing i know is the banks got plenty of money from us poor people and they can afford for then to miss payments.if i have to choose between eating and paying a bill oh well ima buy me some food. maybe I'm wrong what your opinion on that.

With you on that one.

The problem is the mentality that most have is instant gratification. I was an expert in that until I had a personal SHTF situation. It took time but now I am debt free and intent to stay that way. If I can't pay cash, it can wait or I don't need it.
    hayden, oswegoscott and StarPD45 like this.

When I go abroad and see how little people in SE Asia have I realized I had too much stuff. All I do is work to pay for stuff. I joke that I am going to become a minimalist but the jokes on me because I am really cutting back on the frivilous crap. cooking more, eating out less. The credit industry is set up to keep in you in debt and provide the banks with a residual income. If you have good credit and don't need credit they give you more credit. If you have no or bad credit, you can't get credit.

punch
    Last edited by punch; 02-09-2013 at 07:36 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I understand credit score is important but with this economy people who had great credit are now with bad credit. i mean what the worst that could happen thyre just not gonna have anymore buy now pay later benefits. The rich get richer on the backs of the middle class....if there's a middle class cos i think we are all poor now while they eat steak and lobster we eat spam.

you, you are the problem. The government is going to here about this. We demand that you get out their and spend spend spend.
    punch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by miho View Post
    The rich get richer on the backs of the middle class....if there's a middle class cos i think we are all poor now while they eat steak and lobster we eat spam.
    If you haven't noticed, the middle class is getting smaller and smaller. They are trying to make us go away.

They are in this position because they put themselves in this position. I believe in taking responsibility for our own actions. My advice would be for them to cut up the credit cards, use the snowball method to pay them off, then don't use them again. Just because you have credit cards doesn't mean you can just go out and spend mindlessly. You must still use caution and good judgement.

I was there. I was in too much debt. I crawled my way out, and it was a long, arduous process, but I didn't repeat it even though I certainly could. How we learn is by making our bed and lying it, and suffering the consequences for irresponsible behavior. At least that is how we are supposed to learn. Some people just never "get it".

There is so much piece of mind that comes from being debt free. I think your health improves from not worrying so much. All I owe is my mortgage and when I tried to refi recently the one thing that reflected badly on my 809 credit score was that I didn't have any recent revolving credit. They wouldn't let me refi because the paint on my garage was peeling, said fanny mae and freddy mac only wanted perfect properties. What happened to the days when they would write loans to people they knew didn't have a chance in hell of making payments.
    Ripon, cecollie and prepgirl like this.

I've never been in debt in my life, is there something wrong with me?..

I rushed out instead of crawling. When my business collapsed it was clear I would be crawling for a long time so I bailed. My wife and I sold our home, and barely got out from under the mortgage and then took what little money we had and bought a new home at the reduced rates with a mortgage that was 525 a month. We got a nicer home for a third of the payment we had before the crash in housing. We kept our business open just until we got the mortgage on the new home and then closed it and fire sold off everything we could to eliminate our debts - all within 3 months - the only debt remaining was the new mortgage on the new home. That will be done in 6 months now thanks. I could not agree with you more that people are getting away with screwing the banks because of the perception the banks are evil and bad, same with the credit card companies, and government even. We got people saying students shouldn't have to pay back their loans for education, borrowers for homes shouldn't have to honor the agreements they signed 14x to get (perception), and hey if you owe the IRS get a "settlement" for less. The people of the United States are far too expecting of something for nothing. It sickens me. I seriously live off of the food I grow and hunt, I have not shopped for food in a store now since December when we decided we wanted a turkey. If I want to buy something, like my 338 Lapua I got late last year I sell something to get it or I do a job and earn it. I borrow nothing from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by prepgirl View Post
    They are in this position because they put themselves in this position. I believe in taking responsibility for our own actions. My advice would be for them to cut up the credit cards, use the snowball method to pay them off, then don't use them again. Just because you have credit cards doesn't mean you can just go out and spend mindlessly. You must still use caution and good judgement.

I was there. I was in too much debt. I crawled my way out, and it was a long, arduous process, but I didn't repeat it even though I certainly could. How we learn is by making our bed and lying it, and suffering the consequences for irresponsible behavior. At least that is how we are supposed to learn. Some people just never "get it".
    prepgirl and StarPD45 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links