rammen noodles?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

rammen noodles?

This is a discussion on rammen noodles? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Are they good for long term ?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: rammen noodles?

rammen noodles?

Are they good for long term ?

I don't know for sure but I have had a bunch stored in a cool, dry, dark place for a few years and when I lasted checked them out they seemed ok.

I've got a bunch in my pantry and will be adding more.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Cool bought 2 boxes today and was worried. maybe ill get 2 more then

Like twinkies, they never go bad
    Freedom Fighter
    Guns kill people like pencils make mistakes.

For me the perfect SHTF food is Kraft noodles and cheese . I don't think you can store enough. I take them out of the box and vacuum pack them with the cheese package or use a mylar bags and oxygen absorbers.
    Just cook and add a can of tuna (the cans in oil have a longer storage life) and you have a complete meal.

Quote Originally Posted by rickkyw1720pf View Post
    For me the perfect SHTF food is Kraft noodles and cheese . I don't think you can store enough. I take them out of the box and vacuum pack them with the cheese package or use a mylar bags and oxygen absorbers.
    Just cook and add a can of tuna (the cans in oil have a longer storage life) and you have a complete meal.
    As much as I like Rammen noddles I have to agree with above statement.
    rickkyw1720pf likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Banned

they will go stale on you. They also (all dry noodles) have a wax on them that will cause cancer. Not an ideal survival food.

The noodles also have a little bit of oil in them (as part of the manufacturing process to bind the ingredients)... and I've had some that start to taste rancid. I've also had the seasoning packages turn hard and taste like crap. That being said... it could have been a bad batch... or stored incorrectly... or... they could have been zapped by stray radiation from space... just kidding... but who knows why they went bad? The point being... they will last for a while... and ... that may be long enough for your needs. You can always ask around and see if any friends have some old packages still sitting around in the back of their pantry and try them out. Or... start storing them and rotating them out as things stay normal. They should last a few years... and freshly rotated food is always a good idea. I doubt anyone is trying to store 30 years worth of Ramen... so a few years of edible (relatively speaking) ramen will probably do for you.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason (co-author of the Bill of Rights)
    "A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
    "If guns don't make people safer...then why do world leaders have armed security?" - Author Unknown

9UC

Having had a quad and a single to repair the quad four years later, I try to keep the consumption of salt down to a minimum. I've been off of salt for so long now, most packaged and/or processed foods taste briny.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    Life Member: Vietnam Security Police Assn VSPA), DVA, VVA, VFW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links