Discussion: Guidelines For Referencing Articles From Another Site
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Discussion: Guidelines For Referencing Articles From Another Site within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; If you reference an article or study from another site, please do not post the entire article or study within your post. Simply quote a ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Discussion: Guidelines For Referencing Articles From Another Site

Administrator

If you reference an article or study from another site, please do not post the entire article or study within your post. Simply quote a small segment of it, along with a link to the source.

You should also use our quote function to help make it clear that the words are not yours.

Example: A quoted section would look like the following.

“I suppose I am a prepper,” I said, “because what most people call prepping I just call life. I grew up in a small, isolated town in a poor family. We learned to do things ourselves in order to survive. But more importantly, I am a hunter. So, yeah, I guess I am a prepper. At least, I have a lot of the skills and tools needed to get through a troubled time.” https://www.americanhunter.org/artic...pper-survivor/
    Additionally, we should NOT share pictures from another site without permission to do so.

Please do not just post a link to an article without adding your own thoughts regarding the information you are sharing.
    Auntie, Slippy, GTGallop and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

Please do not just post a link to an article without adding your own thoughts regarding the information you are sharing.
    THANK YOU!!! I hate when people do that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Cricket, Auntie, Operator6 and 1 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    THANK YOU!!! I hate when people do that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    So glad I am not the only one that gets frustrated...
    Operator6 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    I never bother clicking on links with no thought from the OP.
    Auntie and Sasquatch like this.

east of 15, west of 95, north of 10, south of canada
    Partner at the law firm of Dewey Cheatham & Howe
    Board member for Screwem, Goode, and hart

Cricket,

Other than that creepy hoodie, you seem OK!
    Operator6, Sasquatch and Denton like this.

There is no quote option for tap users would this be a acceptable format?....
    Oops for got my 2 pennies
    Moderators witb Internet God complexs are quite abundant as well as the little cry baby whining pricks who go behind scene an pm them to flex their finger mussels an ban someone.
    Ok how about now?
    ------------------
    Urban dictionary :Moderator
    Moderators are assigned to "moderate" something which means they are in charge of seeing that it does what it is supposed to do and nothing more.

Most moderators are driven mad by their lust for power and will cause suffering and hatred at every turn because it makes them happy to see others unhappy.
    (n.)Someone who moderates a chatroom or message board. There are generally five types of moderators:

1. Asswipe: Moderator that likes to punish members for little or no reason, harasses members and then punishes them for harassing back or questioning them, or is an asshole in general to those around him, not including his suckup friends, who will respond to his powerabuse with: "lol", "pwned bitch", or "wut a fag".

2. Strict Moderator: Follows the rules by the book, no exceptions. Any rule infraction spotted will be punished, often without warning. Normally dreaded.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=moderator

Banned

Sounds like survivalistboards moderators to me.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    As far as I know you can post pic if they are not copy righted and or you give credit to who took the pic. Geez is this place about to explode or what?
    RubberDuck, Slippy and A Watchman like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    Are you saying your not happy with my posts at OTP 90% of what I post are interesting clips of articles I find the include 8x10 glossy pictures. Auntie be truthful now. Dont hold back.
    hag likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links