Discussion: Guidelines For Referencing Articles From Another Site - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Discussion: Guidelines For Referencing Articles From Another Site

This is a discussion on Discussion: Guidelines For Referencing Articles From Another Site within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; ^^^^^^^ Our Bad ...... please put the hat back on....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Discussion: Guidelines For Referencing Articles From Another Site

^^^^^^^ Our Bad ...... please put the hat back on.
    GTGallop likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GTGallop View Post
    Yes and it was absolutely the most epic and at the same time incoherent thing I've ever seen. I'm not even sure how to describe it, but it was one for the record books.
    Not the most epic thing, as a matter of fact. More like ignorant and juvenile.

I didn't agree with the banning and I petitioned his unbanning. So, what does he do? He comes back and acts like trailer park trash from Crenshaw County.

So, what do you think I learned from this?
    Slippy likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Retired Moderator

Hawg, honestly I find it irritating when there is a link with no more information. You generally quote part of the story or your title says something about it.
    hawgrider likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Not the most epic thing, as a matter of fact. More like ignorant and juvenile.

I didn't agree with the banning and I petitioned his unbanning. So, what does he do? He comes back and acts like trailer park trash from Crenshaw County.

So, what do you think I learned from this?
    I think that you learned not to stick your neck out? Oh wait you should have learned that ages ago.
    A Watchman and Denton like this.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    Hawg, honestly I find it irritating when there is a link with no more information. You generally quote part of the story or your title says something about it.
    For me, it really isn't an issue. The link either has the content in it or I know by the threads title. I will either open it or will not, no heartburn either way. I have no expectations of proper or being PC.

I have never put anyone on ignore.
    I either agree or do not, but I still learn from opposing worldviews as it can be enlightening to know how the other side thinks.
    I will be moved by a post to either comment constructively, have a little fun, or simply move on.
    I never get into a "pissing contest", however, I do love to stir the pot...... just for fun.
    Last edited by A Watchman; 06-02-2016 at 02:36 AM.
    BuckB, Slippy and hawgrider like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
    There is no quote option for tap users would this be a acceptable format?....

Urban dictionary :Moderator
    Moderators are assigned to "moderate" something which means they are in charge of seeing that it does what it is supposed to do and nothing more.

Most moderators are driven mad by their lust for power ...r[/url]

I fully read his post and quote, and had you moderators, you would have noted a couple things....He was quoting the Urban dictionary definition...and he wasn't calling out any screen names, thereby not calling any of you out...

He chose a topic that you folks didn't much like....but a lifetime Ban..... for quoting the Urban Dictionary?

Call him silly for coming back on such a controversial note, but I am curious....what rule did he break by putting a quote in?

Also, now that content that irritates various mods and members is disallowed, can you further define that so that we can stay withing acceptable norms?
    Last edited by New guy 101; 06-02-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    For me, it really isn't an issue. The link either has the content in it or I know by the threads title. I will either open it or will not, no heartburn either way. I have no expectations of proper or being PC.

I have never put anyone on ignore.
    I either agree or do not, but I still learn from opposing worldviews as it can be enlightening to know how the other side thinks.
    I will be moved by a post to either comment constructively, have a little fun, or simply move on.
    I never get into "pissing contest", however, I do love to stir the pot...... just for fun.
    And, Paul would think what about all these points?

Oh. I'm sorry. Who originally set the standard? I remember when you came here. I thought you were are brother.
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by New guy 101 View Post
    I fully read his post and quote, and had you moderators, you would have noted a couple things....He was quoting the Urban dictionary definition...and he wasn't calling out any screen names, thereby not calling any of you out...

He chose a topic that you folks didn't much like....but a lifetime Ban..... for quoting the Urban Dictionary?

Call him silly for coming back on such a controversial note, but I am curious....what rule did he break by putting a quote in?

Also, now that content that irritates various mods and members is disallowed, can you further define that so that we can stay withing acceptable norms?

Yeah, and we are all stupid; right? Gee! It almost seems to connect, but not quite, huh?

Are you playing some kind of game?
    Dr. Gregory House

And, Paul would think what about all these points?

Oh. I'm sorry. Who originally set the standard? I remember when you came here. I thought you were are brother.
    Denton,

You are fully aware that I am your brother. I think right now you are emotionally over invested in the green - orange thing right now. Paul? Yea he is my inspiration and brother also, however I fail to see how I prefer my link content to be presented by an OP or whether I choose to not put some one on ignore has anything to do with Paul or his example.

Make no mistake ...... I am not overly invested in anonymous internet posting, therefore my expectations match my investment.
    hawgrider likes this.

Yeah, and we are all stupid; right? Gee! It almost seems to connect, but not quite, huh?

Are you playing some kind of game?
    No game...just asking. And please don't put words in my mouth...I didn't call you stupid.
    He quoted a source...and gave the link...he added nothing. What rule did he violate? I have read the rules...If I missed something or misread, I'd like to know. Yes he was being somewhat ass-holish in the response, but looking at it from the perspective that it was a quote from the URBAN
    DICTIONARY....if your offended by how they paint your position that's one thing...seeing it as a personal attack on you...instead of perhaps his idea of humor, I think is a decision you made. I took it as humorous...and would have quipped back an equally humorous quote about Lurkers, or trolls, etc...

I think it best we discuss this another day....
    Last edited by New guy 101; 06-02-2016 at 02:16 AM.
    hawgrider likes this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links