Why Do You Prep? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why Do You Prep?

This is a discussion on Why Do You Prep? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Raised by Great Depression era kin..think some of us old codgers learned to be frugal early on. Then along come boyscouts and our world famous ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Why Do You Prep?

Raised by Great Depression era kin..think some of us old codgers learned to be frugal early on. Then along come boyscouts and our world famous motto we all know of "Be Prepared." Then along came Jimmy Carter and like to skerred everybody to death..similar to what Obummer is doing now...then along came my pal Howard Ruff. With his book..."How to survive the coming Ruff times." or similar. Anyway he is a good old Mormon and got me on the road to serious prepping going back to the 70s. After some detours in the road..right now we are just trying to survive till Jesus gets us out of this mess. We are pre trib rapture Bapticostals. We have watched enough John Wayne movies to know to also save the last of the ammo for ourselves.
    BuckB, Slippy, SOCOM42 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Raised by Great Depression era kin..think some of us old codgers learned to be frugal early on. Then along come boyscouts and our world famous motto we all know of "Be Prepared." Then along came Jimmy Carter and like to skerred everybody to death..similar to what Obummer is doing now...then along came my pal Howard Ruff. With his book..."How to survive the coming Ruff times." or similar. Anyway he is a good old Mormon and got me on the road to serious prepping going back to the 70s. After some detours in the road..right now we are just trying to survive till Jesus gets us out of this mess. We are pre trib rapture Bapticostals. We have watched enough John Wayne movies to know to also save the last of the ammo for ourselves.
    ^^^ Post of the day right there boys and girls !^^^ That's some wisdom.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "Oh good lord it's the stink bug again. Did you see new faces and drop by like a fag at a birthday party to stink up the place with your phony dihmi hogwash"

I lived mostly hand to mouth as a kid and I was always uneasy about what the next day will bring. Being prepared alleviates that to a degree. Beyond the Hurricanes, tornadoes, and flooding, common to the gulf coast you only have to look at what's really happening in the world to motivate you further. We are in deep shit so I prepare.
    bigwheel likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

As I have said before, many times, the blizzard of 78 started me.

As the years progressed there were many other concerns that caused the storing of other items to meet the conditions.

Today, all I do is enhance what I have, there is no area that is critically short of anything.

The hardest thing was to keep from going overboard in the beginning after a few incidents like a storm and oil embargo.

For the most part, tempered purchases were the order of the day, based on theoretical projections.

Present day, the largest part of the prep budget goes for foodstuffs, mostly dry goods such as rice, beans, corn and wheat.

Conditions, here in country are on a downward spiral, if there is a large scale attack this year here,

I will go and buy 5K worth of food in a week and pack it away.

As I said in 1978, NEVER AGAIN.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 04-03-2016 at 10:44 AM.
    bigwheel likes this.

Why do I prep? Because of my rocky employment record. I'm not known to have money all the time. So when times are good, I pack away extra for when the times get tough. Working construction taught me that it's feast for the summer and famine for the winter. If the world ends, having food put away is just a bonus
    bigwheel and Prepared One like this.

to be able to tell my in-laws.... "How ya like me now??"!!!!
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Because I like knowing that my family and I can go a year and not leave the house.
    SOCOM42 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links