Another recall - Broccoli
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Another recall - Broccoli within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Frozen broccoli cuts recalled over Listeria fears - CNN.com Alimentos Congelados, S.A. recalled 1,800 cases distributed to stores in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, West ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Another recall - Broccoli

Retired Moderator

Frozen broccoli cuts recalled over Listeria fears - CNN.com

Alimentos Congelados, S.A. recalled 1,800 cases distributed to stores in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and North Carolina.
    The recalled Wylwood brand is packaged in 16-ounce plastic bags. Its label information is UPC 5193300110 and the bag code is A25335P or A15335P.
    This is why I grow, freeze, dehydrate and can so much of our food. I feel it is my responsibility to make sure the food that my family eats is safe and nutritious. We are by no means self sufficient, yet. There will always be things I can not produce, such as sugar, flour, coffee and tropical fruits.

There are more laws concerning food handling now, yet there seem to be more cases of food being recalled. Lettuce, cucumbers, sprouts, broccoli, tuna, hamburger and the list goes on and on. Is it complacency, workers that don't care, or a general it will not happen to us mindset?
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    Frozen broccoli cuts recalled over Listeria fears - CNN.com

This is why I grow, freeze, dehydrate and can so much of our food. I feel it is my responsibility to make sure the food that my family eats is safe and nutritious. We are by no means self sufficient, yet. There will always be things I can not produce, such as sugar, flour, coffee and tropical fruits.

There are more laws concerning food handling now, yet there seem to be more cases of food being recalled. Lettuce, cucumbers, sprouts, broccoli, tuna, hamburger and the list goes on and on. Is it complacency, workers that don't care, or a general it will not happen to us mindset?
    It used to be just primarily meat products. Now it's getting scary as vegetable and plant products are routinely being recalled. Don't even know what's safe to eat anymore! Name:  mad-emoticon.gif
Views: 92
Size:  7.3 KB
    Auntie and hayden like this.
    This is the last US Presidential Election. Take notes and pictures for the great-grandkids.
    Hidden Content

The bag I have says
    A25226P

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Autoplay shows posing topless with purpose. Nice Auntie.

I feel pretty safe with food produced in the US but once in a while a US company screws up What I won't buy is food from China , Mexico or really south of the US!

Farms need to give pickers time to go to the restroom. They're crapping in the rows, man!

I'll blame it on big Agra. It is scary that we even import "food" from China. Stuff you eat raw is worst, always wash it first, and don't contaminate cooking/prep area. Cooked stuff should be O.K. if kitchen stays clean.

Support local farms and farmers markets. If you don't grow, process and store your own local grown. What will happen when SHTF and the food pipeline dries up? Won't be getting anything from Mexico anymore, but the farmer down the road could help some. I pay extra for local milk/cheese from a non-BGH farm that grows their own feed too. Same with beef, pigs and chickens.

I've got about 40 broccoli started now for early crop as soon as soil warms up, several packets of seed for later crops and fall freezer storage. I found some vac sealed broc from 2009 in the freezer and it's still real good! Crisp when lightly cooked and good flavor. Don't by into the crap that you throw it away in 1 year. Will be using that up and other older frozen veggies before the fresh gets ripe. Snow tonight and tomorrow so that is a ways off.....
    Slippy and hayden like this.

Thanks Auntie!

Meijers is one of the few brands of apple juice still grown and bottled in the USA It's wonderful!...

Mott's is Chinese Urine as is most other brand names now...seriously the stuff is nasty!
    bigwheel likes this.

Hey now as apple juice conewers we are Tree Top folks. They also make a very tasty clear cider and applesauce which is really good
    Tree Top: Apple Cider 100% Juice, 1 gal - Walmart.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links