I believe that SHTF and we just don't know it.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on I believe that SHTF and we just don't know it. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; When I look around my neighborhood and while it's not terrible, I see things I would never expect to see. A vacant house at the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I believe that SHTF and we just don't know it.

When I look around my neighborhood and while it's not terrible, I see things I would never expect to see. A vacant house at the end of the street recently had it's heat pump taken for scrap metal and then today I saw the trim around the windows had been stolen. My neighbor lady just told me there has been a rash of burgerlies around here. I don't get the paper so I didn't know. I know I have stepped up my watches.

Same in my area. Few break ins etc. I have gotten up a few times every night to double check everything. Stay sharp.
    hayden likes this.

Super Moderator

Around here it's been fairly stable but that's a relative thing. Atlanta sucked since way back when.
    hayden likes this.
    Always remember- there's a wealth around you

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Same stuff on the other side of town. An air unit had been ripped apart in one home for the copper. Another home that was high scale but vacant had the entire copper pulled from the walls (gutted) for the copper. Cars with cadilac inverters broke into for the copper. There are fires at least 2x per month buring down a trailer from meth makers.

On my land, we pushed in some land to cover a pond that went bad and had extra dirt left over for other projects. We took a bulldozer and moved it on one part of our land and people out of nowhere came with their shovels and started putting it in their trucks. This happened for about a month with different people which I would stop on my way home and asked them who gave them permission to TAKE from my land. All of their responses were "We assumed nobody wanted it". Pfff!!!!
    hayden likes this.

i am always shocked whenbuilding a new apartment building wel put in plumbing, come back even with armed gaurds, the plubing pipes are gone. okay redo. and put in appliances. come back appliances are gone? doors, windows frames and all gone- contractors and other building owners stealing to upgrade their buildings.

every apt building has what is called a knox box. its keys to get in for fire department keys to vital areas of the building should they need access. knox boxes being stolen buildings being robbed 20k of maint tools and inventory. i am surprised what all is going on. due to over crowing in prisons about 20% have been dumped out in the streets released early.

i have a hard fast rule here in my buildings you leave lap tops, gps in car and my my places a target rich environment, i have to kick you out. its no longer safe to go back to your car later to get something you forgot. todays theif is just stealing, they are dangerous too,

and i charge and get 2100 for a two bedroom. no that wouldnt be one with a w/d hook up-
    hayden likes this.

That's what's I'm talking about Shotlady. All of our worlds as we know it are coming to crap and no one is saying anything about it. Did our election officials think no one would notice that this all happened on their watch?
    shotlady likes this.

OMG Shotlady, never heard of knox box. While it sounds like a good idea so the firemen and women can get to you police and other first responders, it sounds like a great draw for criminals. No wonder rent is so high there.
    You could buy three houses here for one months rent there. I'll just keep working on making myself less dependant on living on the grid. Soon I'll be able to just walk away from it all. Sell my house and take the proceeds and go on a road trip. I like to stay warm so probably heading south.Sorry shot.
    shotlady likes this.

Its pretty bad if you look around. On of my best buddies owns bombaymotor sports. If stuff is bought with stolen cards he has to eat it. And never sees his merchwnever again.

It aint roses here in Oregon.

I hope I never have to worry about never seeing my merchwnever again. (german...?)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links