Anyone know where I can practice survival training?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Anyone know where I can practice survival training? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I live in Maryland and would really appreciate knowing where I can go to practice survival training. I could go to Catoctin state park but ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Anyone know where I can practice survival training?

I live in Maryland and would really appreciate knowing where I can go to practice survival training. I could go to Catoctin state park but I don't know the rules of where you can set up camp. This may be a dumb question but can you just go into the woods once you are in the park and camp if you are far enough away from people? I'm new to this so any help would be appreciated.

-thanks
    shotlady likes this.

Head out to Skyline/Shenandoah national park. They have deep county camping available.
    shotlady and boogiemonstor like this.

Be prepared for bad weather this time of year.
    shotlady likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

lol yer so funny asteriod,

im not sure if you have BLM up there and national forests, nat forests are great as you can carry. double check me to make sure. i know in ca we can carry in the nat forest.

And don't forget you can use computer wargames to learn navigation by map, compass and stars at home, then when you go into the field it'll be second nature.
    You can turn combat 'off' so you can concentrate on navigation without interruption.
    I like 'Armed Assault 2', here are some shots from it-

Oops the kink (white circle) is where I mistakenly went southeast instead of southwest

The north star

MORE SHOTS- https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/g...ing-tools.html
    Last edited by Lucky Jim; 01-15-2013 at 01:08 AM.
    boogiemonstor likes this.

What game is that Jim. I just been playing WoT lately. Got bored with some of my other "simulator games"

Practice in your own back yard. Primitive camp, make fire (no matches) find edibles in the woods. Take a first aid/cpr class. Map out clean water. Then again impromptu camping will teach you real quick what to pack and what you forgot to pack. Bring lots of water...and matches. Tell a family member where you will be camping just in case.

punch

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    What game is that Jim. I just been playing WoT lately. Got bored with some of my other "simulator games"
    It's Armed Assault 2 (Arma2 for short), this clip shows how you need to learn maps and compass and be able to read the landscape to get around, this mission is a zombie shoot that somebody's set up for a laugh, three human players have hooked up to play online and you can hear them talking to each other via PC microphones-

Last edited by Lucky Jim; 01-15-2013 at 11:34 AM.

The best place is your own house. Cut the power at 3:00 AM on the circuit breaker and then see where you go from there. Can you last two, three days, totally indoors? Make it real. Pretend thee was a fire in some part of the house and now you aren't allowed to go in that part. Anything you had prepped in that room is toast. Try sealing up your house from biologicals. Ductape the doors and seal the vents. Rig for silent running. You'll be surprised how fast your brain goes soft. It is usually the first thing that wants to bail out on an exercise like this and it is the one thing you need until the very end.
    LunaticFringeInc and punch like this.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

You can play in my backyard anytime, I'm adjacent to the Manistee National Forest's 1000+ acres section

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links