Talking to a wall
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Talking to a wall

This is a discussion on Talking to a wall within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have been having a conversation with a co-worker for about a week. More of a back and fourth really, he has no problems with ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Talking to a wall

Talking to a wall

I have been having a conversation with a co-worker for about a week. More of a back and fourth really, he has no problems with fingerprinting for carry permits and more background checks. I don't see how either really stops anything. We don't see eye to eye, but it has been civil. He just keeps saying that if your fingerprints are on file when you get a carry permit that it will make it easier for them to find you if you commit a crime. My response was what about all of the people that don't apply or carry illegally. They just do what they want why don't you.

I told him that I have a problem with having to decide on a right. I shouldn't have to do all of these things if I am not a criminal. I am the one being punished and the criminals just do what they want.

Oh sometimes it is hard to stay calm... Rant over

His logic doesn't work if only applied to legal carriers. His logic would necessarily need to be expanded to include all non-carriers as well. Far more crimes are committed by non-carriers than by carriers, so the population of "potential" criminals is much larger. Has he started a campaign to fingerprint all citizens?
    wallyLOZ likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Tell your coworker that you have a great idea, let's focus on the criminal, and quit rewarding them for bad behavior and leave the rest of us alone. You can't have rational conversations with irrational people.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Tell him you want a recording of his voice. This is to protect us all from "hate speech" and "terrorists". This will be given to the FBI and entered into a database.

If he utters a word that don't tow the party line, the brownshirts will be coming for him

I got fingerprinted by an FBI agent before he'd let me cut holes in his yacht.

If you served in any armed force you have had you finger prints on file with the government anyone knows that , and when you apply for a ccw you are asked if you have served and if yes you have to give a copy of your DD-214 there is you finger prints , what the government needs to do is put your thumb print on your government ID , that way there is no problem on who you are . That's just one of my thoughts . Yes then they will have "some" way of knowing who is the bad guy is . It may work and it may not .
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

My advice, as this is a CO-WORKER, shut up, nod, agree, and move on. Drop this topic ASAP. You don't want your great planning to cost you your job.

I've heard too many stories about people who found out some one has a gun at home, a concealed carry card, a pistol in their trunk, or just a firm belief in the second amendment - then they had a coworker that complained to HR, HR said did he make any threats? Person said no but I don't feel safe at work anymore - POOF the 2A employee disappears. Maybe not in a Union state but in Texas and Arizona where it is employment at will, you can be gone for farting outside of the bathroom. No reason needed and companies are always looking to cut back.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGallop View Post
    My advice, as this is a CO-WORKER, shut up, nod, agree, and move on. Drop this topic ASAP. You don't want your great planning to cost you your job.

I've heard too many stories about people who found out some one has a gun at home, a concealed carry card, a pistol in their trunk, or just a firm belief in the second amendment - then they had a coworker that complained to HR, HR said did he make any threats? Person said no but I don't feel safe at work anymore - POOF the 2A employee disappears. Maybe not in a Union state but in Texas and Arizona where it is employment at will, you can be gone for farting outside of the bathroom. No reason needed and companies are always looking to cut back.
    I agree and understand but our work invokes having a firearm on mine and his side at all times. Don't think he could use the weapon excuse.
    Kauboy and GTGallop like this.

I guess I should add. We are pretty good aquiantences he knows nothing of my lifestyle. We just touch on a lot of subjects and this is one. It is odd that he can have his head in the sand thinking that no one would abuse a list or things of that nature. And yet not mind and understand the need to carry a weapon. I guess he is kind of an anomaly which is why it is so hard not getting thru.

He's worried about fingerprints? One word gloves.

Does he have a cell phone that is carried around?? What about that? Camera, picture, voice recognition, data recording, GPS positioning etc, fingerprints are the least of his worries.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links