How will you know when it is time to go?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How will you know when it is time to go? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; What is your sign that it is time to put your bug out / bug in plan into action? What is the trigger? I am ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How will you know when it is time to go?

What is your sign that it is time to put your bug out / bug in plan into action? What is the trigger? I am afraid that most people will wait far too long to take it to that next level. Will it be waiting for the police to become a non-entity? Will it be the shut down of government offices? I think by that point, it is far too late. What are signs that you are watching for?
    The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed. - Alexander Hamilton

When you notice the hand out give me other peoples stuff crowd getting up set with Obama because the hand outs are not coming get ready.
    When you start seeing the masses in the street on the news pack. When the first building burns leave you can always come back .
    If you can find old unedited and revised film of the Watts rots and day of rage that shows how it will unfold .
    Problem is they rewrote a more PC history so hard to find the truth
    TxCombatMedic likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I believe that we won't know what hit us until its to late!!! unless you watch the news 24/7 there is no way really to know, I don't think there is anyway to get a head start on bugging out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Depends upon where you live, where you are now ...

Some of us are more instinctual about such things than others I suspect. Keener senses when it comes to imminent danger.

Honestly OP, if you have to ask then, chances are, you may want to tweak your inner radar just a bit and tune-up the amp on your inner danger alarm.

What do you believe will be the signals and when will you decide to go?

Do you live in the city or the country? If you live in the country, where are you going to go?

Do you live up north or down South? Out west or Midwest?

It just all depends.

Do you have infants, babies, little children? How well have you trained your family?

When you call 911 and it is busy. When all you hear are police and ambulance sirens. For me, that is when the car will be packed and I head out.

I think that the key is awareness and communication. We are currently battling a flu epidemic nationwide. How many people are aware of it? This is not a "bug out" scenario, but if the illness were to incapacitate a big part of the population, it could get there. If people aren't aware, how can they prepare? Also, most will refuse to believe that social unrest or societal upheavals are anything but temporary aberrations. By the time they wake up, it wil be too late.
    The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed. - Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by bennettvm View Post
    When you call 911 and it is busy. When all you hear are police and ambulance sirens. For me, that is when the car will be packed and I head out.
    If you wait that long then you are screwed where you are. Even if you head south into Maryland along the Eastern Shore or wherever, if you wait until you can't get through to 911 or you hear sirens everywhere then you have screwed the pooch. You'll be a victim - a casualty.

I've been helping a friend prep - he's in Alexandria. He will not be waiting that long with his wife and baby.

Another friend of mine is in Dunkirk, his wife works in DC Metro, they've been planning for years. She'll bail on DC quickly, if she gets stuck there at all, and he'll be waiting on her to get to Dunkirk where they will head south long before 911 is clogged or they hear sirens everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtSwagger View Post
    I think that the key is awareness and communication. We are currently battling a flu epidemic nationwide. How many people are aware of it? This is not a "bug out" scenario, but if the illness were to incapacitate a big part of the population, it could get there. If people aren't aware, how can they prepare? Also, most will refuse to believe that social unrest or societal upheavals are anything but temporary aberrations. By the time they wake up, it wil be too late.
    We've had 22 die already here in SC as of today ... it has hit us hard. We produce a lot of poultry here and some are saying there is a connection.

I disagree.

The CDC is right down the road, straight down I-20 five hours from here - nary a stop along the way. They have early warning systems all along the corridors leading into Atlanta, 20, 75, 85, etc. So, yeah, we keep up with those things around here.

A bug will not be what happens. Not to us anyways. We're waaay out in the country and we'll shut down access in a skinny second.

What might force people to bug out of cities? What is lurking out there right now - in our immediate possible future?

That is what everyone needs to be thinking of, preparing for.

GP, I think that the population of the large cities could exacerbate any situation, and accelerate social unrest. Something like a flu epidemic could wreak havoc on already overtaxed public works and service departments. A few more call ins at work, and people get even slower responses. This leads to a public panic and someone does something stupid that sets a match to the tinder box. Boom. Hope I'm wrong, but once the mob mentality takes over, the proverbial sh#t will have hit the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettvm View Post
    My problem is that I am 911, I work on a Ambo. 30 miles from my house, My fear is that I will be in the "thick of things" when SHTF and can't get home in time to bug out

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links