Have you ever saved someone? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Have you ever saved someone?

This is a discussion on Have you ever saved someone? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Thanks for your service. May you find the hand of Peace. Like many service fields, "medics" were those whom we appreciated the most. Billeted across ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Have you ever saved someone?

9UC

Thanks for your service. May you find the hand of Peace. Like many service fields, "medics" were those whom we appreciated the most. Billeted across the street from the helo pads for 3rd Field. Saw far to many brought in during Tet '68. Really learned the true meaning of All gave some, some gave all"
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    Life Member: Vietnam Security Police Assn VSPA), DVA, VVA, VFW

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    I've saved a few people, mainly drowning but the real hero in my mind is dr. Prepper....
    inceptor likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

I saved a fellow soldier, gave him the Heimlich in the mess hall. Gladly, never had to in the field.
    Have also tried and failed. Snowmobile accident.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Once when I was about 10 years old, my grandmother took me swimming at a indoor pool. I was holding on to the side and she was coming towards me underwater and hit her head on the side. I reached out and got her and she told later that if I hadn't got a hold of her she would have drowned. When she came up she couldn't breathe and had swollowed a bit of water.

Being a volunteer firefighter/EMT, I have been told I have saved a few. I don't like to look at it that way. I just strive to help them have a better chance at surviving whatever put them in their position.

made my living as a firefighter for 25 years. more losses then saves, sorry to say.

Dr. Prepper Thank you that is truly Amazing !!!!!!!!!!! and for the original question.......YES I have been a paid/Vol. Firefighter/EMT for 11 years and have been on thousands of calls(fire/EMS combined), I have been on many "Saves" on the other hand I have been on many calls where person did not make it.

Hey! I forgot to post the best pic of them all. This is my wife (before we were married) in 1968 at the medical facility in Long Binh, Vietnam. We met at the Naval Hospital in Cam Ranh Bay as we were both being "shipped out" in 1969 She's the one with the stethoscope in her ears. She got to go home and I got to go to Subic Bay in the Philippines. We were married in 1970 in San Diego. Oops, sorry to bore you with this stuff.

Have you ever saved someone?-army-nurses-93rd-evacuation-hospital-long-binh-vietnam-1968..jpg
    Every grey cloud has a silver lining.

Dr. Prepper Very cool pics.......thanks for sharing

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    My brother and I saved an 11 year old girl from drowning. Canoe flipped in the fast current and she got caught in a brush pile that was in the water, she could not get her head above the water so we dove in a pulled her out, her and her dad lost some equipment but no one was worse for wear. If no one else would have been there, it would have gotten bad real fast. The good Lord put us in the right place at the right time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links