BUG OUT BUG IN AND TRAVEL - THoughts and TAlk SCENARIO
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

BUG OUT BUG IN AND TRAVEL - THoughts and TAlk SCENARIO

This is a discussion on BUG OUT BUG IN AND TRAVEL - THoughts and TAlk SCENARIO within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; ok So I'm curious .... BUG IN /BUG OUT and how would you get there.. not asking for your secrets just hypothetically .... THe next ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: BUG OUT BUG IN AND TRAVEL - THoughts and TAlk SCENARIO

Jae

Exclamation BUG OUT BUG IN AND TRAVEL - THoughts and TAlk SCENARIO

ok So I'm curious .... BUG IN /BUG OUT and how would you get there.. not asking for your secrets just hypothetically .... THe next time ill post a DIFF scenario and see how people react. this is a good mental excursive to get thinking.

THIS SCENERIO - OUR GOV LOCKS DOWN- INVASION-Total collapse of civilization.

I my self would most likely bug in for short time till i feel out my surroundings temperament, hostile or dormant since i am just one and live in suburban apartment. then bug out to location of a team or to a undisclosed location. most likely by foot cause I'm thinking IF militias or even our gov or a invading gov or anything form, the roadways will be first to be used to their advantage...they will set blockades or traps up at least on foot i can use my environment to my advantage. - obiv my plan has to be thought way more but just a off the top idea.

p.s.- IDEA ! .... has anyone set up a friendship community where if someone in their circles bug out or in plan fails they could regroup with other people to form a small Team?

Just some random late night thoughts!?
    Last edited by Jae; 01-04-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

i have to bug out living in a nice building in los angeles, we'll be the first looted and overan. my neighbors are sheep and my biggest threats... actors and actresses. unprepared and high maint. not very cerebral folks. besides i want them to live (or die) with their lib choices. ill have no mercy as they has as much time to prepp as i do. my two bedroom apt is 2000 per month and i know they have the same if not more when it comes to money. hows that porshe or bentley suit you now? bentlys are good for trips to palm springs only. i aint mad. my best friend drives one.
    but ill get further in my funny looking crosstour.

bug out is my only hope and i am only one too. one is none and two is one.
    Pir8fan and 9UC like this.

and thank you for your service sweetheart.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I would bug in and assess my situation. Let the initial shock/run/looting or whatever the SHTF scenario was. I am in a location that I am prepping to be able to Bug In for an extended period of time.

After assessment I would decide if I needed to Bug Out. In which case I will no longer need the power grid. I have fuel stocked to make the journey. I am looking into alternate routes to my Bug Out spot as it is some distance. ie. Railroad vs Road travel. I imagine in this scenario the major roads will become difficult to travel.

We will Bug In. this is our last stand .
    Those of us that are old enough to remember the Watts riots , the days of rage in Detroit and others have a different view on how things will pan out.
    Even if you are in a bad area you going to have some idea it is coming. At the first sign of social unrest everyone that will be here will be already leaving and heading in. If it settles down ok back to what you were doing.
    But you can not wait until the bank and police station is burning. Head to your location the second you are concerned.
    Watch the real news you will know it is coming, it will start in a major city first and spread. Even if you are in that city chances are it will at first be limited to one or two parts of town. get out while you can do not wait.
    Every mile you put between you and the center of the trouble guarantees you will make it .
    Here first in will set up security and welcome in those that follow.
    Let us all pray the voters wake up and we stop this before it comes it will not be pretty when it does.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Jae

Thank you all for your responses. Good to hear different responses.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jae View Post

THIS SCENERIO - OUR GOV LOCKS DOWN- INVASION
    In all honesty, the chances of America being invaded are so remote that it is not even worth considering. The only possible combinations that could make that work would be (1) Russia and China (aided by North Korea, perhaps) combine forces, say for instance, if we and our Western allies were to move against Syria or their other client states in the Middle East; or (2) Israel drags us into a fight in the Middle East that turns into a religious war of the Jews and Christians facing off against the combination of our "religious enemies" in the Middle East.

With our submarine fleet, coupled with our surface fleet air carrier groups, and our air power, and the Army and Marine fleets of attack helicopters, an invasion will never gain traction.

Seriously.

If you maintain situational awareness, as Smitty901 points out, you will see what is coming that most people will not notice. Move before the herd stampedes. Bug out before they awaken.

I just posted an article on my site about how to do a propper bug out route assessment which includes coordinating with others if you bug out. You should have a plan with others already in place, which includes a commo plan and any cache/stash locations (which may be at each others' homes or other locations along your route(s)) as well as rally points and conditions to go there. Set up your plan so that it can be initiated even without having to talk with each other.

Bugging in at first is probably the best idea, depending on the circumstances so it's my plan. You shouldn't give up your ground unless absolutely necessary because you may not get it back.
    Hidden Content
    A Prepper Blog from a Combat Veteran
    Hidden Content

It's nice to hypothesize about invasion... but the reality today is that firearm ownership is still alive and well in America. And... that means that most American's will use them to defend themselves, their neighbors, and the nation as a whole. Civilians will stand up and aid our military, especially our veterans... Many civilians without firearms (what most of us call Sheeple) will aid any resistance fighters with supplies, hide them from the invaders, etc. (Not all... but some... and the rest will betray America and will be quickly killed by other true Americans). Bottom line: America will not fall easily. For China or Russia to actually win would mean they would have to use WMD and wipe out the masses... because they have neither the manpower nor the willpower to win with their mere presence. On a smaller scale... If a portion of the US were invaded, the rest of the nation would move to support them... no area would remain occupied for long.

So.... let's try again with a more realistic and more probable scenario... I like the idea... and the thoughts and ideas that would come from other members... but there should be a bit more possibility in it so we can have more rational answers.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason (co-author of the Bill of Rights)
    "A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
    "If guns don't make people safer...then why do world leaders have armed security?" - Author Unknown

Jae

I do agree with you on some terms i was saying it not so much of us being invaded just in general of our own govt locking down on citizens or any threat equal to that .. as much as you say we won't go down easy in this world there are talkers and people who will carry through. just was curious who was who and if people think like i do. Possibility of our Gov starting by restricting our second amendment is enough to make me think of anything ... kind of what made me think of this scenario.. my head is all over the place, sorry if it seemed to random.

Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links